The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
System summary allows the user to know the basic information about the access point such as the hardware and software information. This document helps to view the system summary status on the Cisco WAP121 and WAP321 access points.
• v126.96.36.199 [WAP121 and WAP321]
Step 1. Log in to the Access Point Configuration Utility, choose Status and Statistics > System Summary.
The following information is displayed under the System Summary area:
• PID VID — Displays the product identifier (PID) and version identifier (VID) of the access point.
• Serial Number — Displays the serial number of the access point.
• Base MAC Address — Displays the MAC address of the access point.
• Firmware Version — Displays the current firmware version of the access point.
• Firmware MD5 Checksum — Displays the Message Digest5 (MD5) check sum of the current firmware. This checksum is the hash value that is created after the firmware upgrade finishes. This is created to check with the checksum hash value provided by the website from which the firmware was downloaded. If the hash values match, it means that the firmware was downloaded successfully.
Note: The MD5 number is used to verify the integrity of the firmware.
• Host Name — Displays the host name assigned to the device.
• System Uptime — Displays the time in days, hours and minutes the access point has been in continuous operation since the last reboot.
• System Time — Displays the current system time.
Step 2. (Optional) Click Refresh to view the recent status of the page.