PDF(475.9 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(527.1 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(205.2 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 11, 2018
The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Configuration of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)/Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) IP Multicast Group on the Sx500 Series Stackable Switches
IGMP and MLD are both communication protocols that are used to establish Multicast Memberships. An IP Multicast Group is an address used to allow the transmission of a packet to multiple destinations through the transmission of one packet. An IGMP/MLD IP Multicast Group searches for an IP Multicast Group with IGMP/MLD and displays the results in the field at the bottom of the page. When the search of the IP Multicast Group to IGMP/MLD is restricted, it ensures that the packets that are sent are from the internal side of the network rather than the external, where different protocols are used for multicast.
This article explains how to configure the Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) / Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) IP Multicast Group on Sx500 Series Stackable Switches.
• Sx500 Series Stackable Switches
Configuration of IGMP/MLD IP Multicast Group
Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility, and choose Multicast > IGMP/MLD IP Multicast Group . The IGMP/MLD IP Multicast Group page opens:
Step 2. From the Dynamic IP Group Type drop-down list, choose to snoop for either IGMP orMLD. Snooping helps analyze packets sent over the Multicast network and filter them so that IGMP/MLD packets are sent only to hosts interested in the packets.
• IGMP — Communications protocol used to establish multicast group memberships with IPv4.
• MLD — Communications protocol used to establish multicast group memberships with IPv6.
Step 3. Check the Group Address equals to check box and enter the MAC or IP address to enable a search for Multicast Groups by MAC address or by IP address.
Step 4. Check the Source Address equals to check box and enter the IP address to enable search for Multicast Groups by sender address.
Step 5. Check the VLAN ID equals to check box and choose the VLAN ID to enable search for Multicast Groups by sender address.
Step 6. Click Go to apply the settings. The following information is displayed:
• VLAN — The VLAN ID of the Multicast Group that has been found.
• Group Address — The Multicast group MAC or IP address that has been found.
• Source Address — The sender address for all of the specified group ports that has been found.
• Included Ports — The list of destination ports for the Multicast stream that have been found.
• Excluded Ports — The list of ports not included in the Multicast Group that have been found.
• Compatibility Mode — The oldest IGMP/MLD version of registration from the hosts the switch receives on the IP group address.
Step 7. (Optional) Click Clear Filter to clear the settings.