This article shows you how to download
and install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on a
This article is only applicable to the RV34x series routers, not Enterprise products.
AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. It not only provides Virtual
Private Network (VPN) access through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) Internet Key
Exchange version2 (IKEv2) but also offers enhanced security through various built-in modules.
Don't use Windows? Check these other articles out!
Applicable Devices | Software Version
AnyConnect Software Version
Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
This toggled section provides details on Anyconnect licensing.
AnyConnect client licenses allow the use of the AnyConnect desktop clients as well
any of the AnyConnect
mobile clients that are available. To try out AnyConnect on mobile devices:
Firmware versions 188.8.131.52 and later
As of March 2019, server licenses using
AnyConnect for RV34x fimware version 184.108.40.206 and later are no longer required. Now you will need only a
download and use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. A client license enables the VPN functionality
sold in packs of 25 from partners like CDW or through your company's device procurement.
Licensing Structure - Firmware versions
If you have not yet updated your firmware, please do so now. Click
visit the downloads page and select your model. Then select Small Business Router Firmware. Choose the latest version available.
Want to know more about AnyConnect licensing? Here are some resources:
Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client here.
Most users will select the AnyConnect Pre-deployment Package for Windows option. The images in this article are for AnyConnect v4.10.x, which was latest version at the time of writing this document.
If you purchased a license and you are unable to download AnyConnect, call +1 919-993-2724. Select option 2. You will need to know your Cisco ID (the one you use to log into Cisco.com) and the sales order number when you call. They will get that situation all straightened out.
Navigate Windows File Explorer to the installer file. Double-click Setup.exe to initiate the installation process.
Check your Downloads folder to locate the AnyConnect files. Browser based downloads are often deposited into the downloads folder on your device on windows. The path to the file often resembles C:\Users\[Your User ID]\Downloads with the C:/ referring to your devices storage drive.
A pop-up window may ask for permissions, in this case, select Yes. If your pop-up asks if you are sure you want to run this software, select Run.
Check the check boxes for the modules that you need to install.
- Core & VPN - Includes AnyConnect core client with VPN capability.
- Start Before Login - User sees the AnyConnect GUI logon dialog before the Windows logon dialog box appears.
- Network Access Manager - It is a client software that provides a secure Layer 2 network.
- VPN Posture (Hostscan) - Provides the client the ability to identify the operating system, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software installed on the host.
- AMP Enabler - It is used as a medium for deploying Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for endpoints.
- Network Visibility Module - Collects rich flow context from an endpoint on or off premise and provides visibility into network connected devices.
- Cloud Web Security - It is an endpoint component that routes HTTP traffic to a Cisco Cloud Web Security scanning proxy.
- Umbrella Roaming Security - Provides DNS-layer security when no VPN is active.
- ISE Posture - It is similar to VPN Posture; performs a client-side evaluation.
- Select All - Selects all modules.
- Diagnostic and Reporting Tool - It is used to collect data for troubleshooting AnyConnect installation and connection problems.
All modules will be installed by default unless you manually uncheck the boxes.
(Optional) Check the Lock Down Component Services check box if
the feature needs to be enabled. Enabling this feature will prevent users from disabling the Windows Web
In this example, Lock Down Component Services is not enabled.
Click Install Selected.
Carefully review the Supplemental End User License Agreement and then click
Conclusion and Next Steps after Installation
There you have it! You have now successfully installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
on your computer.
Wondering what the next steps are? Don't worry. If you need help configuring AnyConnect on your router, check out Configure AnyConnect VPN Connectivity on the RV34x Series Router.
We want the best for our customers, so you have any comments or suggestions regarding this topic, please send us an email to the Cisco Content Team.
By the way, once the configurations are complete on the router, you can view your connection on the lower right-hand of your screen. Click the up arrow and hover over the AnyConnect icon to see the details.
The Anyconnect App can be downloaded from the Google Play store or the Apple store.