Q. What is Cisco
® SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud?
® SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud is an integrated solution that combines Cisco’s SD-WAN solution with Google Cloud’s services. In phase one, the integration between Cisco SD-WAN and Google Cloud Network Connectivity Center enables automated connectivity from branch site to cloud workloads, and from branch site to branch site, across regions, using Google’s reliable, high-performance global cloud network.
Q. What value does Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud Network Connectivity Center offer?
A. Cloud Hub provides enterprise customers with simplified management and automated provisioning via the following:
● Site to cloud: Automate Cisco SD-WAN fabric extension to access Google Cloud workloads, keeping the control with enterprise IT.
● Site to site: Simplify SD-WAN provisioning for optimized site-to-site connectivity over Google’s global cloud network.
Q. What makes Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud Network Connectivity Center unique?
A. Cloud Hub is unique because:
● It offers a normalized experience and automated process to extend Cisco SD-WAN fabric to Google Cloud via Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp, saving enterprises time and reducing human error.
● It provides Cisco SD-WAN customers the choice of an alternative site-to-site connectivity solution leveraging Google’s global cloud network, provisioned using an automated process via Cisco vManage. For users who have existing workloads deployed in Google Cloud, the same set of network infrastructure can be leveraged for connecting to cloud workloads as well as other on-premises sites, simplifying the network design.
● It offers a reliable and easy-to-deploy network underlay option with 99.95% availability, increased security, and better performance versus using the internet.
Q. Who is the solution designed for?
● Organizations looking for alternative network connectivity options.
● Organizations considering or using both Cisco SD-WAN and Google Cloud today.
Q. How does this integration differ from the current Cisco Catalyst 8000V Edge Software offering in Google Cloud?
A. Catalyst 8000V is a standalone and generic cloud router in the Google Cloud marketplace that customers can deploy as desired for their architecture. Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud Connectivity Center is an optimized solution that leverages Catalyst 8000V to enhance the experience for enterprises orchestrating site-to-site and site-to-cloud connectivity. This solution is automated and deployment of individual Catalyst 8000V virtual routers, along with other connectivity components, happens seamlessly, minimizing time, effort, and errors.
Q. When is the solution available?
A. The solution is available now with Cisco SD-WAN Release 17.5.
Q. How do I deploy Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud?
A. This solution can be deployed using the Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp for Multicloud feature in vManage.
Ordering & licensing
Q. How is the Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud solution ordered?
Please follow the same ordering process as for Cisco Catalyst
8000V Edge Software. To deploy the solution, customers need to spin up the Catalyst 8000V Edge Software in their SD-WAN network. The Catalyst 8000V is listed on the
Google Cloud marketplace
Q. What are the licensing options available?
The same licensing options for Cisco DNA Software for SD-WAN and Routing apply to Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub. Cisco DNA Advantage and above is required. Learn more about Cisco DNA Software for SD-WAN and Routing
Q. Where can I find more information about the Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud solution?
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud At-a-Glance https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprisenetworks/sd-wan/at-a-glance-c45-2362352.html
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud demo video https://video.cisco.com/video/6242685516001
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/sdwan/cloud-onramp.html