As businesses accelerate adoption of multicloud environments, managing multiple network providers and traditional telco circuits when connecting branches to clouds can be complicated and time-consuming. In addition, cloud connectivity options could be expensive and unreliable, and can take months to provision. Enterprises lack flexibility and scalability when using current network connectivity options such as the public internet.
Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Megaport: Realize the full potential of multicloud
Cisco® SD-WAN’s integration with Megaport allows you to deliver on-demand branch connectivity to the world’s leading cloud providers directly from your SD-WAN controller. The Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect integration with Megaport’s cloud-neutral interconnect platform provides the automation to deliver reliable network performance, cost-optimized connectivity, and reduced provisioning time.
Cisco vManage provides a single, easy-to-use console to automate the deployment of connections between sites and clouds, reducing provisioning from weeks to minutes (Figure 1). Megaport Virtual Edge provides a secure, reliable way to connect to Megaport’s Software Defined Network (SDN) across 23 countries, including 360 service providers and more than 220 cloud on-ramps.
This collaboration will extend Cisco’s industry leadership in SD-WAN for multicloud enterprise networking by offering an ecosystem platform for partners like Megaport to bridge Cisco SD-WAN fabric with carrier-neutral and software-defined cloud interconnect fabrics.
Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect site-to-site and site-to-multicloud connectivity
● Simple on-demand provisioning and management: vManage provides a single pane of glass for end-to-end network automation from branch to clouds, which reduces human error and cuts connectivity time from weeks to minutes
● Secure SD-WAN: Worldwide, end-to-end security segmentation, and policy enforced through SD-WAN
● Guaranteed SLAs: Guaranteed uptime with 99.999% availability over the Cloud Interconnect backbone
● Optimized cost: Reduces cloud data egress fee costs by up to 54% and network charges by up to 75%
● Increased visibility: End-to-end visibility to 1500+ business applications (including SaaS applications)
Users have the convenience of managing their SD-WAN fabric and connectivity to clouds and other branches completely through Cisco vManage. All policy administration and bringing up of virtual routers as well as connections is API driven and invisible to the user. Users must only select the bandwidths of the connections needed and the locations where they want to connect from/to, along with a few other settings, to establish connectivity.
Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect FAQ – https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/sdwan/q-and-a-c67-2361869.html
What is Software Defined Cloud Interconnect?