The Cisco Nexus® 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform is a top-of-rack network switch and software application platform with a unique low-latency design. The Cisco Nexus 3550-T features up to 48 ports of Ethernet connectivity in a single-rack unit form factor. The platform is built around a powerful programmable FPGA and provides a complete firmware development environment for custom application and use cases.
● Next generation application platform built on software-defined hardware that provides the performance characteristics of hardware combined with the agility and programmability of software
● Access to powerful Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) capabilities that can be reprogrammed with the desired network applications and functionalities to solve networking challenges across industry verticals and use cases
● Operate a programmable network switch platform that utilizes a complete firmware development environment to create, deploy, and manage new custom applications, specific intelligence, and functionality
● Create long-term value from custom applications, functionality, enhancements, upgrades, and maintenance updates
Cisco Nexus next-generation ultra-low latency network switch platforms, smart network interface cards (SmartNIC) and Firmware Development Kits (FDK) are specifically designed to address the needs of latencysensitive applications in data center networking, High-Frequency Trading (HFT), financial services, and service provider networks.
● Cisco Nexus 3550 Series Switches Ultra-low latency switch platform, FPGA application programming, multiplexing and precision timestamping to facilitate your mission-critical network applications.
● Cisco Nexus SmartNIC adapters Next-generation ultra-low latency FPGAbased programmable SmartNICs and high resolution timestamping adapters designed to program your network and accelerate application offloads.
● Cisco Nexus FDK (Firmware Development Kits) Powerful software development framework to add application specific intelligence and functionality to FPGA-based Nexus 3550 network switches and SmartNIC adapters.
The Cisco Nexus 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform has a fixed form factor that is built around a dynamically reconfigurable FPGA (field programmable gate array) and provides 48 ports that are 25G capable along with an x86 (Intel® Atom® processor, 8 cores up to 1.7 GHz) management CPU. All 48 ports are directly connected to Xilinx Virtex UltraScale Plus VU35P FPGA with a -3 speed grade. The FPGA has 8GB of High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) on board.
The Cisco Nexus 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform features a console port, a Micro USB port, a 1G RJ45 port, and a 10G SFP+ port, which can be used as management interfaces. The Cisco Nexus 3550-T uses a Command Line Interface (CLI) designed to address the needs of low-latency FPGA configurations.
The Cisco Nexus 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform provides a powerful development framework to add application-specific intelligence to the Cisco Nexus 3550-T using Cisco’s Nexus Firmware Development Kit (FDK).
The Cisco Nexus 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform supports packet-aware statistics. The Cisco Nexus 3550-T firmware has the capability to monitor for vital packet statistics, including the number of packets/bytes transmitted/received and transmit/receive errors, and deep diagnostics, including light levels, operating temperatures, transceiver capabilities, and more. All these statistics are available at no latency cost on the critical path.
List below are the supported and upcoming network applications for the Cisco Nexus 3550-T Programmable Switch Platform
● ULL Layer 3 Routing App
● ULL Layer 2 Switching App
● High Availability*
● WAN Extension*
● Exchange Gateway App*
● Data Broker App*
● Grand Master App*
● Tap Agg*
● User custom applications (FDK)