The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Effective June 1, 2009, Cisco is changing the software update policy for the Cisco® Catalyst® 4500, 4500E, 4500-X, 3850, 3650, 3750, 3750 v2, 3750-E, 3750-X, 3560, 3560 v2, 3560‑C, 3560-E, 3560-X, 2960, 2960-C, 2960-S, 2960X, 2960-XR and 2960Plus Series Switches.
Customers will be provided with maintenance updates and bug fixes as follows:
1. Bug fixes and maintenance updates for critical bugs to maintain the compliance of the software with published specifications, release notes, and industry-standards compliance as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product or up to 1 year from the end-of-sale date for this product, whichever occurs earlier.
2. Bug fixes and maintenance updates for vulnerability and security bugs as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product or up to 3 years from the end-of-sale date for this product, whichever occurs earlier.
Customers with licenses for our premium software feature set such as IP Services and Enterprise Services require a service support contract such as Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ Service to download updates.
This policy supersedes any previous warranty or software statement and is subject to change without notice.
The following Cisco Catalyst switches are affected:
● Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3850 & 3650 Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3750 v2 and 3560 v2 Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3750 and 3560 Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 2960, 2960-S, 2960X, 2960-XR and 2960Plus Series Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Series Compact Switches
Table 1 lists software entitlements.
Table 1. Software Entitlements
Maintenance updates: updates for proven software defects only
● Cisco Smart Foundation Service: http://www.cisco.com/go/smartnet
● Cisco Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ Service: http://www.cisco.com/go/smartfoundation