The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Digital-ready branch routers with advanced capabilities
The Cisco® 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) small-form-factor platform is best suited for small and midsize businesses, for enterprise branches, and as customer premises equipment in managed services environments. The routers come with eight or four LAN ports in various model options. Gigabit Ethernet packet forwarding capabilities provide high performance, and the multicore architecture has separate cores for data plane and control plane. The 1000 Series ISRs support Power over Ethernet (PoE) and PoE+ to power branch devices such as IP phones and cameras. They are easy to deploy with zero-touch provisioning using Plug and Play capability. There are multiple combinations to choose from, including LAN, WLAN, WAN, DSL, 5G, and pluggable technology, depending on your branch needs. The 1000 Series can be used in ATMs, retail stores, and kiosks, as well as for various other purposes.
● Increase manageability with the first fanless, small-form-factor router to include Cisco IOS® XE, and use one operating system across all routing platforms
● Deliver high performance with multiple services using multicore architecture
● Save on operational costs with Cisco SD-WAN and pay-as-you-grow licensing
● Deliver the latest wireless technologies such as 5G for wireless WAN connectivity and 802.11ac or 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) for wireless LAN with full Mobility Express functionality
● Deploy centralized management with vManage, a highly visualized dashboard that simplifies network operations
● Increase security with Cisco trustworthy solutions, Secure Boot, hardware anchoring, Secure Unique Device Identifier (SUDI), run-time defenses, integrity verification, and Encrypted Traffic Analytics
● Block malicious phishing and malware attacks at the branch with Cisco Umbrella® security
● Enhance visibility into the internet, cloud, and SaaS with natively integrated Cisco ThousandEyes*
The 1000 Series ISRs address the demands of increased mobility with 5G, 802.11ac, and 802.11ax. They have a comprehensive set of WAN connectivity options such as Ethernet, fiber, 5G, and the latest DSL technologies, such as G.fast and G.SHDSL.
The routers provide a great ROI, allowing you to save on operating expenses by reducing WAN link costs with software-defined WAN capability and transport independence using Cisco SD-WAN. You can also reduce capital expenditures using pay-as-you-grow licensing for IPsec performance.
The 1000 Series ISRs answer the latest security threats to networking devices with advanced features such as application-aware enterprise firewall, intrusion prevention, DNS layer enforcement (with Cisco Umbrella), and URL filtering, all integrated into Cisco SD-WAN. They also reduce complexity by having a single management interface (vManage) for both the network and security.
Accelerate your intent-based networking journey with Cisco Services.
With proven experience, best practices, and innovative tools, we help you confidently migrate, adopt, deploy, and manage your new solutions. Learn more about our services for routers: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/service-listing.html
For more information about the Cisco 1000 Series ISRs, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/isr1000. To further compare models, visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/compare-model.html
For information on the ISR 1100-4G, 4GLTE, and 6G models powered by the Viptela® operating system, visit: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-742893.html