The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Businesses are seeing enormous change, and to cope with this change they have relied on IT and especially on their network environments. Networks have had to become simpler, more agile, more proactive, more intuitive, and cloud-ready. Long gone are the days when a network administrator manually configured every switch. Cisco Nexus® Dashboard Fabric Controller (NDFC) has helped address many of the challenges of managing Cisco NX-OS switches. NDFC empowers IT to move at the increasing speed required of your business. With NDFC, you get complete automation, extensive visibility, consistent operations, and a network that is prepared for your hybrid-cloud environment.
Comprehensive management solution for VXLAN, LAN, SAN, and Cisco IP Fabric for Media solutions across a hybrid cloud environment
Cisco Nexus Dashboard Fabric Controller (NDFC) provides granular, scalable visibility for deep-dive troubleshooting, functionality, and maintenance operations that benefit data-center operation teams. Cisco NDFC makes fabric management simple and reliable. And Cisco NDFC meets ever-growing scalability needs with the integration of Cisco Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator (NDO).
● Provide automated network connectivity, consistent network management, and simplified operations for hybrid-cloud environments
● Provide complete lifecycle management and automation for Cisco Nexus and Cisco MDS platforms
● Streamline data center automation and centralize applications with Cisco Nexus Dashboard
● Reduce deployment time of VXLAN-EVPN fabrics to minutes
● Improve fabric reliability with constant monitoring of compliance and health
● Reduce operation errors with predefined deployment models
● Monitor and alert operators to failure conditions
● Visualize multiple fabrics with intuitive topology
Cisco NDFC is the network management platform for all Cisco NX-OS-enabled deployments, spanning new fabric architectures, IP Fabric for Media, storage networking deployments and the hybrid cloud for the Cisco Nexus-powered data center.
Cisco NDFC Release 12 now supports:
● Cisco NDFC as an integrated application on Cisco Nexus Dashboard allows cloud connectivity with AWS and Microsoft Azure by integrating with Cisco Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator (NDO) and Cisco Cloud Network Controller
● New and revamped user interface and experience to align with Cisco Nexus Dashboard
● Modularized architecture based on Kubernetes microservices
● Cisco Nexus Dashboard fabric discovery capability for inventory and discovery only
● Increased capability for non-Nexus platforms including Cisco IOS® XE and Cisco IOS XR
● Implementation of Cisco® Smart Licensing policy
● SAN controller provides storage management for the Cisco MDS 9000 family
“Now, we can do maintenance and upgrade network software with minimal impact, and we can control all network updates programmatically rather than having to do them manually.”
Director of Global IT, Infinidat
● Visit the Nexus Dashboard Fabric Controller webpage
● Learn more about Nexus Dashboard