Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire AppDynamics
This acquisition reinforces Cisco's strategic direction and its shift to software-centric solutions.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — On January 24th, Cisco announced its intent to acquire AppDynamics Inc, a privately held application intelligence software platform company based in San Francisco. AppDynamics has offices in 13 countries, ~1,200 employees worldwide, and monitors and analyzes enterprise apps in real time at scale.
Today IT departments struggle with a lack of visibility across the applications, infrastructure and security in their network, with vast amounts of disconnected, complex data that can be hard to understand. Companies using AppDynamics application intelligence can respond to customer needs at unprecedented speed, often before a customer even notices they have an issue.
The combination of AppDynamics and Cisco provides our enterprise customers with an intelligent and actionable analytics platform that enables companies to make smart, proactive, business and IT decisions — improving application and business performance.
Together with Cisco's industry leading digital network architecture, customers will now have unprecedented visibility and remediation into a company's end-to-end infrastructure and security network, from cloud to data center to end devices, through real time application analytics.
This acquisition also reinforces Cisco's strategic direction, with a shift to software-centric solutions that deliver recurring revenue.
- Q: What is Cisco acquiring?
A: Cisco is announcing its intent to acquire AppDynamics, a privately-held software company based in San Francisco, CA. AppDynamics delivers analytics and visibility into the entire application layer. For many customers, AppDynamics is the innovative, enterprise-grade application intelligence software platform that is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations.
- Q: Can you explain AppDynamics’ portfolio?
- A: AppDynamics offers application intelligence software that enables enterprises to monitor, analyze, and optimize complex environments at scale. AppDynamics' integrated suite of applications includes Application Performance Management, End-User Monitoring and Infrastructure Visibility applications, as well as a range of underlying product modules.
- AppDynamics' integrated suite of applications monitors the performance of software applications and IT infrastructures and automatically correlates them into “business transactions.” AppDynamics' platform processes and analyzes trillions of metrics each month and has been built to address the needs of enterprises globally. AppDynamics offers a full range of deployment options, including public cloud, on-premise and hybrid models.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose AppDynamics? What makes AppDynamics unique?
- A: AppDynamics is a leader in end-user, application, and infrastructure analytics for the enterprise market. AppDynamics also is a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Analytics. AppDynamics has demonstrated an ability to penetrate large enterprise accounts and become their platform of choice for application performance management needs. AppDynamics has translated these customer wins into impressive revenue growth, with a software-only SaaS-focused recurring revenue model, which also supports on-premise deployments.
- Cisco and AppDynamics' capabilities are very complementary. Cisco has comprehensive data & insights for end to end intelligent network and security domains. With AppDynamics' analytics capabilities, Cisco and AppDynamics together will break the silos of application, network and security domains.
If you are an existing customer or partner of AppDynamics and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing sales representative.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative.
AppDynamics customers should continue to use the existing process for support on installed AppDynamics products and technology. Cisco will notify you in advance of any change to the support process.
Cisco customers should continue to use the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for technical support on Cisco products. For more information about opening a technical support case and for regional TAC telephone numbers, refer to Cisco Worldwide Support Contacts.