If you are using Internet Explorer or FireFox as your browser, click here for instructions on how to add Cisco.com tools and searches to your browser.
Customizing the Omnibox
- Put your cursor in the Omnibox and right-click as shown below.
- Create a keyword shortcut for the Cisco tool or search as shown below.
Note that for the keyword value - you can use any value that's short and easy for you to remember. A complete list of Names, Keywords, and URLs are specified further down in this document.
- When finished you'll see your newly created keyword shortcut.
Using your keyword shortcut
- Put your cursor in the Omnibox and type the keyword and query text. eg. "clt show config"
- As you type you'll see the Omnibox 'context' change to point to your keyword shortcut as shown below. Any additional text you type will get sent to the tool or search url defined in your shortcut.
Names, Keywords, and URLs
Note that the Names and Keywords shown below are provided for your convenience when defining your search engine. You can change the Name and Keyword shortcut verbage to your liking.
- Bug Toolkit
Name: Cisco BugID Lookup Tool Keyword: btk
- RMA/Service Order Status Tool
Name: Cisco RMA/Service Order Status Tool Keyword: rma
- TAC Service Request Query
Name: TAC Service Request Query Keyword: sr
- Search Cisco
Name: Cisco Keyword: cs
- Search Cisco Brazil
Name: Cisco Brazil Keyword: csb
- Search Cisco Japan
Name: Cisco Japan Keyword: csj
- Search Cisco Latin America
Name: Cisco Latin America Keyword: csla
- Search Cisco Russia
Name: Cisco Russia Keyword: csr
- Search Forums, Blogs, and Wikis
Name: Search Forums, Blogs, and Wikis Keyword: csc
- Search Software Downloads
Name: Cisco Software Downloads Keyword: csd
Submit feedback about Cisco Search Plugins here.