Purchase Order Format Description
It is Cisco policy to distribute purchase order requests by email or fax. Be sure to provide in the Global Supplier Enrollment Package (GSEP) the email alias (preferred) or fax number where you wish to receive purchase orders. Make sure that the notification method is up to date. If the method to receive purchase orders changes, go to Supplier Guidelines and Information for details on how to update this information.
All requests by email are in PDF format, so you must have PDF-reading software to view the purchase orders.
Purchase Order Exceptions
Purchase order exceptions are now consistent globally, across the Asia Pacific, Greater China, Japan, Emerging Markets, Europe, Latin America, U.S. and Canada theaters. Refer to the following purchase order exceptions guidelines for all theaters and localities:
- Business travel-related expenses, including air, auto rental, ground travel, hotel or lodging, parking, tolls, visas, passports, consulate fees, etc.
- Corporate contribution expenses
- Dues and subscriptions expenses (business affiliations)
- Expenses for educational seminars, classes, meetings, conferences, and symposiums (individual)
- Legal services expenses
- Rental or lease expenses for land or buildings
- Postage, freight, shipping, and warehousing charges
- Temporary employees expenses, excluding Japan, Europe, and Emerging Markets, where purchase orders are required
- Utilities expenses, including electricity, gas, telecommunications, etc.
- Banking, insurance, investments, securities, and tax expenses
- Human resources benefits expenses, including fringe, medical, leased vehicles; for fringe and medical, excludes the United States and Canada, where purchase orders are required
If you have questions, contact Global Procurement Operations