Cisco Announces Acquisition of Collaborate.com
A natural evolution of Cisco's next-generation collaboration platform.
On December 17, 2013 Cisco announced the acquisition of Collaborate.com, a cloud-based team collaboration platform that unifies messaging, document sharing, and task management in a single, easy-to-use mobile app for iPhone, Android and the Web. Collaborate's cloud, mobile, and web software capabilities enable Cisco to extend and integrate its collaboration and communications platform. The acquisition of Collaborate, headquartered in Boston, MA, represents a natural evolution of Cisco's next generation collaboration platform.
Given the market transitions of mobility, cloud and the ever-increasing mobile worker population, the need to instantly connect, communicate, and collaborate is more important than ever. Organizations are seeking user-friendly, mobile-centric team collaboration tools that enable better informed, faster decisions to drive business results.
Cisco's offerings in collaboration software are ideal for organizations seeking to improve business productivity and collaborate more effectively in the workplace. The capabilities and technology development acquired through Collaborate will expand the functionality of Cisco's next generation collaboration software solutions and non-Cisco collaboration solutions to bring collaboration directly into enterprise applications. Cisco also expects to extend these capabilities to other business applications in the future.
- Q: What did Cisco Acquire?
- A: Collaborate.com is a unified document sharing, task management, and team communication environment for today's mobile workforce. Collaborate offers native support for iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web — and out-of-the-box integration with popular cloud services such as Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Apple iCloud, and email, enabling teams to seamlessly integrate collaboration and communication into their workstreams.
- Q: Why did Cisco Acquire Collaborate?
- A: Collaborate has unique collaboration technology and a strong team of engineers with deep cloud, mobile, and web expertise that will help accelerate Cisco's innovation in collaboration. The combination of Collaborate and Cisco's market-leading WebEx, Videoconferencing, and Unified Communications platforms will provide customers with a simple solution that delivers advanced collaboration and communication experiences, enabling mobile workers to work more efficiently.
- Q: What is Collaborate's technology/product offering?
- A: Collaborate's mobile-first application enables users to collaborate easily with team members on projects by letting them instantly create virtual collaboration rooms where they can chat, share documents, notes, photos, and videos. Collaborate's platform also easily integrates with email and third party cloud services to simplify the process of collaborating efficiently with others while on-the-go.
As of March 1, 2014, Collaborate for iPhone, Android, and Web are no longer available for use. Collaborate is no longer available for sale via Collaborate.com, the App Store, or Google Play. If you are an existing Collaborate customer and have questions about support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.