Cisco Announces Acquisition of Assemblage
Assemblage Will Help Accelerate Cisco's Innovation in Collaboration.
On June 27 Cisco announced the acquisition of Assemblage, a company that provides the tools and infrastructure to enable simple, one-click browser-to-browser collaboration without the need for downloads, plugins or installations. The need to use voice, video, chat and online sharing instantly is more important than ever. In an effort to support mobile workers and global teams, we want to enable new, simplified ways to communicate and collaborate easily, from any device in real-time through the cloud.
Assemblage offers real-time collaboration apps for shared whiteboarding, presentation broadcasting and screensharing. Assemblage's technology integrates with popular third party cloud services and supports 40 different file types to enable quick and efficient collaboration. Bringing Assemblage's strong team of engineers with deep web development expertise to Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group will accelerate our innovation in this space. Together, Cisco and Assemblage will provide customers with simple, easy-to-use collaboration solutions that help employees work smarter from virtually anywhere.
Mergers and Acquisitions and investments remain a key part of Cisco's build, buy, partner, and integrate strategy. This acquisition drives innovation and supports our market leadership in collaboration to provide best-in-class solutions for our customers.
- Q: How does Assemblage complement Cisco's Collaboration strategy?
- A: Cisco's offerings in collaboration software are ideal for organizations seeking to improve business productivity by helping employees collaborate more effectively from anywhere. Assemblage provides the tools to enable simple, real-time interconnectedness between people, companies and browsers. This will support and expand our focus on making real-time communication and collaboration simple and effective on any device.
- Q: How does the acquisition of Assemblage benefit Cisco?
- A: Bringing Assemblage's unique collaboration technology and strong team of engineers with deep web development expertise to Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) will help accelerate Cisco's innovation in collaboration. The combination of Assemblage and Cisco's market-leading collaboration platforms will provide customers with simple solutions that deliver advanced collaboration capabilities and communication experiences, helping employees to work more effectively from anywhere.
- Q: How will Assemblage's capabilities integrate with Cisco's current collaboration products (WebEx, Jabber)?
- A: Assemblage's technology will be integrated into Cisco's next-generation collaboration platform. Cisco's collaboration tools will help teams work together and share content across any device, any browser and across company boundaries, creating powerful new efficiencies for knowledge workers in the enterprise.
If you are an existing Assemblage customer and have questions about support, please go to http://support.assemblagehq.com/.