Evolve Your Routers
The network router is quickly transforming from a device dedicated to connecting disparate networks to an integrated services device capable of multiple functions beyond routing. More Cisco customers are deploying integrated services routers -- sophisticated network routers that deliver voice, video, data and Internet access, wireless, and other applications.
Technological Benefits of the Integrated Services Router
Growing companies, especially those opening new offices, can take advantage of Cisco integrated network router solutions that are highly secure, flexible, and built to be compatible with future technologies.
- One Device, Multiple Functions: Consolidate multiple services onto a single box. The Cisco ISR G2 offers broadest services including security, wireless, video, unified communications, WAN optimization and customizable virtual services on a single device.
- WAN Performance: Deliver next-generation WAN and network service requirements. The Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) delivers up to 350 Mbps WAN performance with services.
- Video: Use the on-board digital signal processors (DSPs) of Cisco ISR G2 platforms to power business grade video applications including video streaming, digital signage, video surveillance, and TelePresence capability with T1/E1 links.
- Services Virtualization: Support on-demand service delivery model using the innovative Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) to deploy customizable services on demand.
- Simplified Management: Manage your network from a central location and simplify troubleshooting with a single universal Cisco IOS software image on Cisco ISR G2.
Network services are either built in or easily added to the router. Companies only need to install one sophisticated device, rather than purchase separate products for each individual function.
From reduced capital and operating expenses to increased productivity, the advantages of integrated services routers apply, regardless of the size of company. A small company with two offices can benefit as much as a company with hundreds of branch offices.