Remote Expert for Government Services (REGS) lowers the cost to deliver services while providing an enhanced experience for citizens. Watch this video to find out the benefits of REGS.
Thank you for visiting Cisco at GTEC 2013. We hope that you were able to learn more about how Cisco can help you:
- Easily deliver and manage applications to communicate, connect, and engage customers and employees in an entirely new way with Cisco’s Remote Expert for Government Services (REGS) solution
- Maintain control and security on any employee devices with Cisco's Enterprise Network and Security solutions that enable transformation with innovation
- Deliver Data Centre innovations for the freedom to be productive anywhere, anytime
If you didn't have the opportunity to attend the Cisco Keynote Session, download a copy of Carlos Dominguez's "Decoding Connectivity: Thriving and Leading in the Internet of Everything World" presentation. Also, get hold of other Cisco presentations delivered at GTEC 2013 by clicking here.
At GTEC 2013, Cisco presented on a number of technology topics to support business transformation in the Federal Government from Decoding Connectivity to the Introduction to Cisco SDN & Open Network Environment.
Session presentations are ready for download below.
|Cisco Keynote||Decoding Connectivity: Thriving and Leading in the Internet of Everything World||Carlos Dominguez||Download|
|Cisco Concurrent Session||Being the Change Agent: Leading Service Delivery Transformations||Leah Lewis||Download|
|Cisco Sponsored Seminar||Software Defined Networks||Thierry Couture||Download|
|Cisco Sponsored Seminar||Cyber Security: The Strategic View||Kah-Kin Ho||Download|
|Cisco Sponsored Seminar||Data Centre Orchestration Solutions||Sasha Lebovic||Download|
Carlos DominguezSenior Vice President, Cisco
Carlos Dominguez is a Senior Vice President in Cisco's Office of the Chairman of the Board and CEO. A passionate technology evangelist, he speaks to audiences worldwide about how technology is transforming the ways we communicate, collaborate, and especially how we work.
Carlos has deep insight into how technology and culture can transform organizations and can create a loyal, engaged customer base. He helped build Cisco's multi-billion dollar Service Provider business, co-leads its Mexico and Brazil Boards, and was recently named one of the "Top 50 Hispanic Executives" by Hispanic Engineering and Information Technology.
Leah LewisDirector, Cisco Consulting Services, Public Sector
Leah Lewis, Director of Cisco's Public Sector Consulting Services team, is a technology transformation expert capable of bringing innovative and agile solutions to your business. A master translator of IT for business, she has earned the role of trusted advisor to CIO's and business executives alike.
Prior to joining Cisco, Lewis was the CIO of the State of Colorado directing a $484 million budget, a portfolio of $100 million in IT projects and 1200+ staff supporting 33,000 employees and 5 million customers. In addition, she has held the positions of CTO and Enterprise Architect for large complex organizations; however, it is her ability to align IT with business needs and drive accountability that differentiates her.
Lewis' experiences include:
International: United Nations World Meteorological Organization, World Health Organization and the International Standards Organization
US Federal: National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration, National Geophysical Data Center, US Veteran's Administration, US Army and Army National Guard
US State and Local: States of California, Colorado, Michigan, New York, New York City, City of Austin, City of San Antonio
Personal: Enjoys skiing, hiking and traveling with her husband and 2 sons.
Kah-Kin HoHead of Cyber Security Business Development
Threat Response, Intelligence and Development (TRIAD)
Kah-Kin Ho has been with Cisco for more than 17 years and in his current position as the Head of Cyber Security Business Development he has been involved in providing thought leadership to private and public sector organizations on how to respond to cyber risk and threat.
Prior to this, he was a Solution Architect in the Global Government Solutions Group involved in large Defense programs in Asia Pacific and Europe. In addition Kah-Kin had spent 4 years working with Defense System Integrators to jointly develop solutions for the Tactical Battlefield.Kah-Kin has also filed 2 US Patents on IP Networking protocols.
Kah-Kin graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo with Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering. He also has a Master degree in Security Policy and Crisis Management from ETH Zürich.
Thierry Couture is a Consulting Systems Architect for Cisco Systems and has been working with very large scale service provider networks for more than 15 years. He is currently one of the lead architects for Cisco's IP-NGN initiative and is responsible for putting together innovative products and solutions for Cisco customers worldwide.
Sasha Lebovic is a senior technical resource who has had extensive systems engineering experience with server, storage, networking, disaster recovery and virtualization solutions in Ottawa for the last 20 years. Sasha has been a VMWare VCP since 2004 and currently specializes in Cisco Data Center technologies such as the Cisco Nexus, MDS and Unified Computing Systems.
- Streamline video communications with Show & Share
- As organizations become more dependent on video for communications, they are faced with growing challenges in planning, deploying and maintaining a video infrastructure.
- This demo will demonstrate how to use Cisco Show and Share to create and share video, streamline communications, enhance productivity, extend an existing Telepresence investment, improve alignment and reduce travel costs.
- Cisco Data Centre solutions that leverage the cloud
- The growing demand to leverage external cloud infrastructure brings additional complexity to the existing IT operations. The Cisco Data Centre team will be showcasing solutions for the management and orchestration of modern virtualized multiservice datacenter (VMDC) architectures built on vBlock and FlexPod designs.
- Interactive Cisco Demonstrations
An interactive demo illustrating Cisco's full suite of products for an end-to-end converged communications system. Participants will gain insight into the vision that will help transform communications planning for the Government of Canada
- Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution
- The network security threat landscape is ever-evolving, with a constant stream of stealthy threats that evade traditional perimeter defenses. The Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution provides greater visibility into these threats by identifying suspicious traffic patterns within the network, and using contextual information to discern the threat level. This demo will demonstrate key elements of the solution, such as:
1) Unique interior network traffic telemetry
2) Network traffic analysis capabilities
3) Identity, reputation and application-type contextual information to discern the target and severity of a threat.
- Identity and Access Management Using Cisco ISE
- Many organizations are facing the challenge of BYOD -- personally-owned mobile devices used in the workplace. BYOD can contribute to productivity, but it also opens a new class of security threats. IT must control device access while providing a secure, seamless worker experience without increasing costs.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) offers a One Policy control point for identity, access control and device security across wired, wireless and VPN networks. In this demo, learn how it enables employees to use their own devices, and how MDM solutions are integrated to allow secure access to work resources.
- IT can assure identity and account for all network attached devices with the assurance that company resources are protected by the strong access control features that are embedded in the Cisco intelligent network.
- Next Generation Firewall Service: Cisco ASA
- Dynamic applications and BYOD have become the norm in many workplaces. With them comes the challenge of balancing productivity with security. In this demo, you'll see a new approach that unifies the network security framework, accelerates business innovation and pro-actively protects against new and emerging threats.
- Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services enable end-to-end network intelligence and streamlined security operations. Learn how it enables administrators to control specific behaviors within allowed micro-applications, restrict web and web application usage based on reputation, enforce differentiated policies, and more.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure combines the wireless functionality of the Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) and the wired functionality of the Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS), with rich application performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities. Learn how a single solution can enable IT organizations to consolidate tools and converge workflows, reducing costs and improving productivity.
- Innovation Grown in Canada
- Did you know …
- 1) Cisco develops next-generation solutions right here in Ottawa?
2) Cisco's Canadian-developed technology is used throughout GoC networks?
3) Cisco employs over 350 people in Ottawa?
4) Cisco has been performing R&D in Canada since 1997?
5) The Province of Ontario and Cisco signed an economic development and technology R&D agreement in 2011?
6) Cisco invests over $5B in research annually?
- The Ottawa R&D team is showcasing how Cisco drives innovation in Canada, and demonstrating the Canadian-developed technologies that power GoC networks.
- Unified Communications / Collaboration
- With the ever-increasing pressure to reduce travel expenses, a common question is "how can I leverage the existing infrastructure to provide a face-to-face meeting experience, without the need for travel?".
- In this demo, you'll see first-hand how Cisco provides public sector employees with a dynamic collaborative environment. See how Cisco collaboration and UC solutions provide the ability to chat and IM with co-workers, stage video calls through immersive end points, or both.
- Bring Voice and Video Together
- Gain significant savings when upgrading or migrating your communications system.
- IDC Study: Videoconferencing is a valuable tool for the public sector
- Read this study identifying the top 5 drivers for videoconferencing use in the public sector:
- Reduced travel expenses (56%)
- Increased productivity (41%)
- Improved employee collaboration (41%)
- Improved business processes (27.6%)
- Reduced costs exclusive of travel (25.4%)
- White Paper: Unlock Full Potential of Collaboration in Public Sector
- Collaboration is fundamental to building a more engaged, efficient organization. Employees and students want to work or study from anywhere—home, the library, their dorm room, or wherever they may…Read More
- Collaboration for Government
- Collaboration solutions help government organizations lower costs while improving communications and efficiency. The Cisco Collaboration architecture provides a strategic and powerful platform for agencies to communicate more effectively from virtually any location. Read More
- Cisco UCS Director
- Video: Unlock IT Potential with UCS Director
- Cisco Unified Data Centre: Redefining the Economics of your Data Cente
- UDC benefits for reducing DC costs, simplifying management to increase productivity, and speeding delivery of application and services
- BYOD Smart Solutions
- The Cisco BYOD Smart Solution promotion is a cross-technology offer that motivates partners to sell solutions.
- Converged Access
- Based on "one policy, one management, one network," the Cisco UA solution delivers an integrated, simplified and intelligent network platform
- Cyber Threat Defense
- Delivering visibility into advanced network threaths by identifying suspicious network traffic patterns within the network interior
- Whether you need to support BYOD work practices, or provide more secure access to your data center resources, the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) can help.
- Cisco Advanced Services
- Cisco Advanced Services plays a key role in preparing customers to absorb new technology solutions that help achieve their business goals.
- The 11 Advanced Services listed are the most popular services for each of our core technologies: Security, Wireless, TelePresence, Unified Communications, Unified Contact Center and Data Center. Each service is grouped within a Cisco Architecture: Borderless Networks, Data Center, and Collaboration.
- Transforming our Services Portfolio
- Get more value from your investment with Cisco Services. We are rationalizing our services offerings, and creating a portfolio of services that are simple to understand, relevant and smart.
- BYOD in Government: Prepare For The Rising Tide – White Paper
- A Forrester study and key findings of the use of personal devices for work purposes within government organizations.
Smart + Connected Communities
- Remote Expert for Government Services Solution (REGS)
- Remote Expert for Government Services (REGS) is a fully interactive kiosk solution that uses Cisco’s TelePresence video technology. REGS combines this interactive video experience with remote management software capabilities to support real time collaboration services between government agents and citizens.