Benefits of Improving Business Collaboration
Collaboration is more than a technical architecture, solution, or product; it is the experience that integrates people, processes, and technology. We believe that by working together, people can achieve extraordinary things.
An org chart may show hierarchy, but it doesn't represent how people actually interact inside, outside, and across the organization. Finding ways to improve the connections between people and the information they need to share is at the center of improving business productivity.
Empower, Engage, Innovate
The goal - and the power - of collaboration technology is to fulfill the human affinity to share as naturally as possible. How do you get there?
- Empower people to work their way - where, when, and how they want - without limits
- Engage people by providing the best collaboration tools to connect with peers and other organizations
- Allow people to innovate and become more creative in developing ideas and solving problems
People don't want to have to think about "how do I?" just about "what do I want to do?" The key is to implement intuitive technologies that let people focus on meeting business goals, shifting the focus from individual applications to integrated collaboration experiences.
The New Collaborative Environment
Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. The collaborative workspace environment gives people the flexibility to be where they need to be to do the best work they can.
Cisco uses an architecture-based approach, integrating the mobile, social, visual, and virtual aspects of collaboration to bring people together anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connect employees, customers, and suppliers to make decisions, resolve customer issues, or address supply-chain challenges. The architecture cost-effectively enables this with scale, security, and accessibility. The Cisco holistic collaboration strategy and architecture account not only for the technology, but what it means to your processes and culture.
Implementing collaboration solutions allows you to:
- Flatten organizational hierarchy and better communicate with all levels of the organization
- Elevate and personalize communications to improve the quality and speed of decisions
- Save time, simplify workflows, and increase workforce interaction and productivity
- Build trust and understanding across time zones within cross-functional teams through frequent video communications
- Improve customer responsiveness by facilitating faster access to experts and information
- Reduce travel, real-estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions by meeting virtually and supporting telecommuting