A Compact Switch Designed for Harsh Environments
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) 2000U Series Switch is a rugged, compact, DIN rail-mountable switch optimized for use in transmission and distribution power substations and distribution generation facilities like wind and solar farms.
Video Data Sheet
See how Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000U Series Switches help you build advanced Substation Automation networks
Features and Capabilities
Cisco IE 2000U Series Switches (IE 2000U) work in the harsh environments common in transmission and distribution substations, including small cabinets in space0-constrained locations such as pole-top applications. The IE 2000U uses Cisco IOS Software, the operating system that powers millions of Cisco switches worldwide.
Primary features include:
- Rugged industrial design and substation compliance - IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 for utility substation environments
- Advanced QoS capabilities to support mission-critical substation applications such as supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and IEC 61850 Generic Object-Oriented Substation Events (GOOSE) messaging
- Precision Timing Protocol(PTP) applications based on IEEE 1588 v2 standards
IE 2000U Switches provide:
- Hitless failover protocol support based on IEC 62439-3 (PRP/HSR)
- Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) and Flexlink for fast re-convergence in ring and hub-and-spoke topologies
- Smartport templates for one-touch global and port-level macros to simplify switch deployments
Specifications at a Glance
Six models are offered for added flexibility. They include:
- IE-2000U-4TS-G - Four Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE uplink ports
- IE-2000U-4T-G - Four Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE fiber uplink ports
- IE-2000U-8TC-G - Eight Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE combo uplink ports
- IE-2000U-16TC-G - Sixteen Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE combo uplink ports
- IE-2000U-16TC-G-X - Sixteen Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE combo uplink ports with conformal coat
- IE-2000U-16TC-GP - Sixteen Fast Ethernet downlinks and two GE uplink ports with Power over Ethernet
These products can be ordered through a Cisco authorized partner. Please refer to the Cisco Partner Locator. For more information about product availability, please contact your Cisco representative.