Unify Converged Infrastructure Management
Whether you deploy converged infrastructure solutions built around the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and Cisco Nexus solutions, or use multivendor infrastructures, you need unified converged infrastructure management. This is critical to helping you increase efficiency. UCS Director delivers unified converged infrastructure management for administering computing, network, virtualization, and storage from one self-service web interface. Sign up for a live technical demo.
Learn how to adapt rapidly to strategy needs with Cisco UCS Director. (4:12 min)Watch Video
See why UCS Director is a vital component to converged infrastructure platforms.Watch FlexPod and Vblock Videos
Features and Capabilities
Increase Business Agility and Operational Efficiency
CIOs and IT managers focus technology discussions around business agility and operational efficiency. Now more than ever, the ways and means of IT deployment can make the difference between an efficient, successful organization and an ineffective one. The typical IT support workload is increasing due to the need for more applications for business operations and new services for competitive differentiation.
Cisco UCS Director was designed to operationally integrate the bare-metal and virtual data center infrastructure stack to address complex, time-consuming, manual, and compartmentalized management processes. These processes burden IT organizations, preventing them from achieving business agility and efficiency.
Unifying the Data Center Environment
Cisco UCS Director unifies and automates end-to-end IT converged infrastructure management processes by abstracting the complexity of individual devices, hypervisors, and virtual machines. Among other advantages:
- It allows resource delivery across the virtualization, computing, network, and storage layers from a single pane of glass.
- The self-service infrastructure portal makes it easy for IT administrators or consumers to quickly request and receive infrastructure resources.
- It reduces time to deploy virtual and physical resources from weeks to minutes.
Cisco UCS Director operationally unifies an existing data center environment by supporting Cisco and non-Cisco hardware.This provides administrators with a holistic, converged infrastructure management experience.
Simplifying Converged Infrastructure Management
Some major features and benefits of this solution that simplify converged infrastructure management are:
- Role-based access control for different types of IT users to tailor infrastructure views to team responsibilities
- IT policies and governance built into workflows to help ensure consistency of infrastructure deployment, improving efficiency
- Alignment of people, business policies, and infrastructure configurations with the business to help ensure successful IT projects
The solution also operates across multiple infrastructure stacks in single data centers and across multiple data centers globally. This provides common best practices across a global organization
Simplicity in the data center is rare as IT organizations are demanding complex applications and setting challenging expectations. Cisco UCS Director installs quickly and delivers value within hours. IT administrators can automate their infrastructure operations to more easily deploy and manage applications, resulting in operational efficiency and business agility.