• Connects up to eight network devices-including computers, printers, and servers-to share and transfer files and videos across your network
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) easily and cost-effectively powers IP telephones, wireless access points, and video cameras
• Integrated port-based quality of service (QoS) prioritizes networking traffic for better network performance
• Works right out of the box with no software to configure
• Compact size and a no-fan design provide multiple placement options with silent switch operation
As your small business grows and you add more employees, you need to keep your business connected in order to communicate effectively and share resources. Your employees need the ability to communicate with each other and with customers, share printers and access business files. To do all this, you need an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution that requires minimal management.
The Cisco® SD208P 8-Port 10/100 Switch (Figure 1) offers the performance and ease of use you need to get your business connected quickly and easily. Designed and priced for small businesses that want a simple network solution, the switch works right out of the box with no software to configure and features PoE to power network attached devices. You can use this switch to connect computers, printers, IP telephones, wireless access points, and servers to create a reliable network.
Figure 1. Cisco SD208P 8-Port 10/100 Switch
The Cisco SD208P 8-Port 10/100 Switch is a unmanaged Ethernet switch providing wire-speed Fast Ethernet connectivity, Power over Ethernet, quality of service, and ease of use to support your business needs. The Cisco SD208P works right out of the box with no software to configure - simply plug in the Ethernet cables and power cord and the switch is ready to work. The compact size and no-fan design ensure silent operation and provide the flexibility of multiple placement options.
• Fast Ethernet enhances the performance of business applications and uses network bandwidth more efficiently
• Power over Ethernet on four ports powers network-attached devices such as IP telephones, wireless access points, or video surveillance cameras directly over the connection, simplifying installation and eliminating the need ffor separate power supplies or an AC power outlet
• Automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) detection on all ports ensures that the correct cable type is selected
• Auto speed negotiation allows each port to independently and automatically negotiate for the best speed and half- or full-duplex mode
• Efficient self-learning address recognition mechanism performs forwarding and filtering at non-blocking full wire speed
• Fast store-and-forward switching prevents damaged packets from being passed onto the network
• Integrated port-based QoS on all eight ports prioritizes networking traffic such as voice, video, and data to help optimize network performance
802.3af Power Consumption: 32W maximum (Ports 1 - 4)
W x H x D
5.51 x 1.31 x 5.51 in.
(140 x 33.35 x 140 mm)
11.6 oz (0.33 kg)
FCC Class B, CE
0º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
-40º to 158ºF (-40º to 75ºC)
20% to 95%, noncondensing
5% to 90%, noncondensing
• 8-port 10/100 switch
• Power adapter
• Quick Start Guide
• 200-MHz or faster processor
• 64 MB RAM recommended
• Ethernet adapter capable of 10 Mbps
• Windows 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP
Limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
Cisco Small Business products offer a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/smallbiz.