Preliminary Case Study Questions
- What was the solution implemented by Cisco? (detailed hardware & software – please provide solution fact sheet / whitepaper)
- IP Communications, Wireless Bridging
- Switching: CE 500 PoE
- Router: Cisco 2821 ISR with FXO PSTN connectivity, ADSL WAN Connectivity for DIP office
- IP Communications: CallManager Express. Phones were 7940G and 7911. Unity Express
- Wireless Bridging: 1410 wireless bridges for point-to-point connectivity between Jebel Ali and DIP offices
- What is the AT penetration of this solution?
- AT 95 %.
- Switching & Routing 5 %.
- Why did the customer choose Cisco over competitors? (Brand, value, TCO, support ...etc)
- What business challenge was the customer facing?
- New office building
- No Service Provider Internet connectivity in DIP
- Multi-site connectivity
- How did the solution help customer overcome these challenges?
- Connected DIP office to head office
- Unified Communications infrastructure across organization
- What are the overall business benefits of the implemented solution to the customer?
- Reduced connectivity costs
- Increased productivity through reduced latency
- Streamlined intersite communication
- Is the project/solution implanted already?
- Partly. IP Communications complete. Wireless Bridging waiting for TRA approval
- When what was the implantation duration?
- August - November 2007: 2 Weeks
- What can the customer now offer (to employees, customers, partners), thanks to the solution which he couldn’t before? (Services, integration, collaboration ..etc) Seamless communication between offices
- Who was the Cisco partners involved? (Silver, gold?) Latitude Systems: Premier
- How will the solution impact the customer’s products/services extended to its employees, customers and partners? (productivity, cut costs..) Increased productivity, reduced costs, streamlined communications
- What future plans does this customer have with this partner? Network Security, additional wireless coverage, Network management