To prevent hazardous conditions, follow these safety recommendations while working with this equipment:
- Keep tools away from walk areas where you or others could fall over them.
- Do not wear loose clothing around the router. Fasten your tie or scarf and roll up your sleeves to prevent clothing from being caught in the chassis.
- Wear safety glasses when working under any conditions that might be hazardous to your eyes.
- Locate the emergency power-off switch in the room before you start working. If an electrical accident occurs, shut the power off.
- Before working on the router, turn off the power and unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect all power sources before doing the following:
– Installing or removing a router chassis
– Working near power supplies
- Do not work alone if potentially hazardous conditions exist.
- Always check that power is disconnected from a circuit.
- Remove possible hazards from your work area, such as damp floors, ungrounded power extension cables, or missing safety grounds.
- If an electrical accident occurs, proceed as follows:
– Use caution; do not become a victim yourself.
– Turn off power to the room using the emergency power-off switch.
– Determine the condition of the victim and send another person to get medical aid or call for help.
– Determine if the person needs rescue breathing or external cardiac compressions; then take appropriate action.
The following safety warning statements apply to all hardware procedures involving the Cisco 1-, 2-, and 4-Port Serial Network Interface Modules for Cisco 4400 Series ISRs for Cisco 4400 Series ISRs. Translations of these warnings are available in the Cisco Network Modules and Interface Cards Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information document, which ships with all individual Cisco 1-, 2-, and 4-Port Serial Network Interface Modules for Cisco 4400 Series ISRs orders, and is also available on Cisco.com.
Warning IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This warning symbol means danger. You are in a situation that could cause bodily injury. Before you work on any equipment, be aware of the hazards involved with electrical circuitry and be familiar with standard practices for preventing accidents. Use the statement number provided at the end of each warning to locate its translation in the translated safety warnings that accompanied this device. Statement 1071
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Warning Read the installation instructions before connecting the system to the power source. Statement 1004
Warning This unit might have more than one power supply connection. All connections must be removed to de-energize the unit. Statement 1028
Warning Only trained and qualified personnel should be allowed to install, replace, or service this equipment. Statement 1030
Warning Do not use this product near water; for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool. Statement 1035
Warning Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the jack is specifically designed for wet locations. Statement 1036
Warning Never touch uninsulated telephone wires or terminals unless the telephone line has been disconnected at the network interface. Statement 1037
Warning Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning. Statement 1038
Warning To report a gas leak, do not use a telephone in the vicinity of the leak. Statement 1039
Warning Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations. Statement 1040
Warning When installing or replacing the unit, the ground connection must always be made first and disconnected last. Statement 1046
The following warnings apply in Australia:
Warning Before working on equipment that is connected to power lines, remove jewelry (including rings, necklaces, and watches). Metal objects will heat up when connected to power and ground and can cause serious burns or weld the metal object to the terminals. Statement 43
Warning Because invisible laser radiation may be emitted from the aperture of the port when no fiber cable is connected, avoid exposure to laser radiation and do not stare into open apertures. Statement 125
Warning Do not work on the system or connect or disconnect cables during periods of lightning activity. Statement 1001
Warning To avoid electric shock, do not connect safety extra-low voltage (SELV) circuits to telephone-network voltage (TNV) circuits. LAN ports contain SELV circuits, and WAN ports contain TNV circuits. Both LAN and WAN ports may use RJ-45 connectors. Use caution when connecting cables. Statement 1021
Warning Hazardous network voltages are present in WAN ports regardless of whether power to the router is OFF or ON. To avoid electric shock, use caution when working near WAN ports. When detaching cables, detach the end away from the router first. Statement 1026
Warning Before opening the chassis, disconnect the telephone-network cables to avoid contact with telephone-network voltages. Statement 1041
Warning The telecommunications lines must be disconnected 1) before unplugging the main power connector and/or 2) while the housing is open. Statement 1043