This is a condensed listing of LED states. For the complete listing see “LED Indicators”.
Check the following symptoms to locate or eliminate faults in the power and cooling systems:
- With the power switch on, is the STAT on green?
– If the LED is solid green and continuous, the router has booted and the software is functional.
– If the LED is blinking amber, the system BIOS/ROMMON is in the process of booting. If it continues blinking for longer than 2 minutes, there might be a problem loading ROMMON.
– If the LED is off, the system is not out of reset or the BIOS image is not loadbale.
– If the LED is amber, BIOS/ROMMON has completed booting and system is at ROMMON prompt or booting platform software. If it is there for a very long time, it indicates that the router is sitting at a ROMMON prompt which could mean a problem loading the Cisco IOS-XE image.
- With the power switch on and the STAT on and green, does the fan operate?
– If no, check the fan.
– If yes, the power system is functioning.
- With the power switch on and the STAT off, does the fan operate?
– If yes, the router is receiving power. The fan is connected directly to the DC outputs of the power supply.
– If no, check the power source and power cable.
- Does the router shut down after being on a short time?
– Check for an environmentally induced shutdown.
– Check the environmental site requirements in “General Site Requirements”.
– Check for a power supply failure by inspecting the PWR LED on the front panel of the router. If the PWR LED is blinking or continuously green, the power supply is functional.
– If the PWR LED is not on, refer to “Obtaining Documentation and Submitting a Service Request” for warranty information, or contact customer service.