See Table 28-1 for supported modifiers by platform.
Exercise switch for the SONET protection line is not supported in this release. If sending this command to the protection unit, an error message will be returned. In addition to all normal INPUT, EQUIPAGE, and PRIVILEGE error codes, the following error codes are also included in this command:
- SNVS (Status, Not in Valid State)
- SROF (Status, Requested Operation Failed)
- SSRD (Status, Switch Request Denied)
Note • If you send the EX-SW-<OCN_BLSR> command to both the east and the west sides/spans of a two-fiber or four-fiber ring within a short time period (less than 30 to 45 seconds) the system will only execute one (WEST) side EXER-RING query, and preempt the other (EAST) side query. There will be no event messages reported for the preempted side, and it will be in APS-CLEAR switching state.Examples of this are:
– A single command with both side/span AIDs (in the list AID format) of the same two-fiber or four-fiber ring
– Separate queries (through TL1 or Cisco Transport Controller [CTC], or TL1 and CTC) on both sides/spans of the same two-fiber or four-fiber ring
- DIRN is an optional parameter. A NULL value of this parameter defaults to BTH for a two-fiber or four-fiber BLSR protection group. DIRN follows these rules:
– TRMT will always fail for any kind of protection group.
– For two-fiber and four-fiber BLSR protection groups, both the RCV and TRMT direction will fail.
– Only BTH is a valid parameter. EX-SW-<OCN_TYPE> can be operated only on bidirectional line switched ring (BLSR) protection groups.