Table of Contents
Release notes contain the new features and enhancements for the Cisco ONS 15454, Cisco ONS 15454 M2, and Cisco ONS 15454 M6 DWDM platforms. For detailed information regarding features, capabilities, hardware, and software introduced with this release, refer to the “Releases 9.2.1 and 9.2.2” version of the Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Procedure Guide , Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Reference Manual , Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Troubleshooting Guide , Cisco ONS 15454 SDH TL1 Command Guide, and Cisco ONS 15454 SONET TL1 Command Guide . For the latest version of the Release Notes for Cisco ONS 15454 Release 9.2.2, visit the following URL:
- 15454 TDM—This package includes the Cisco ONS 15454 SONET and SDH Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP)
- 15454 DWDM—This package includes the Cisco ONS 15454, Cisco ONS 15454 M2, and Cisco ONS 15454 M6 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP)
Before you begin to install Cisco ONS 15454 Software Release 9.2.2, you must check if your system meets the minimum software and hardware requirements. This section describes the software and hardware requirements for Cisco ONS 15454 Software Release 9.2.2.
- Hardware—IBM-compatible PC with a Pentium IV or faster processor, CD-ROM drive, a minimum of 1 GB RAM, 20 Gb hard disk with 250 MB of available hard drive space
- Operating System:
- Select Product Category—Select Optical Networking .
- Select Products—Select Cisco ONS 15400 Series from the list.
- Software Version—Select Version > 9.2.2 or 9.221 or 9.222 > Search to view the list of outstanding and resolved bugs in Cisco ONS 15454 Software Release 9.2.2.
- Search for Keyword(s)—Separate search phrases with boolean expressions (AND, NOT, OR) to search within the bug title and details.
- Advanced Options—You can either perform a search using the default search criteria or define custom criteria for an advanced search. To customize the advanced search, select Use custom settings for severity, status, and others and provide the following information:
Select Open to view all the open bugs. To filter the open bugs, clear the Open check box and select the appropriate sub-options that appear below the Open check box. The sub-options are New, Held, More, Open, Waiting, Assigned, Forwarded, Postponed, Submitted, and Information Required. For example, if you want to view only new bugs in Cisco ONS 15454 Software Release 9.2.2, select New .
Select Fixed to view fixed bugs. To filter fixed bugs, clear the Fixed check box and select the appropriate sub-options that appear below the fixed check box. The sub-options are Resolved or Verified .
Select Terminated to view terminated bugs. To filter terminated bugs, clear the Terminated check box and select the appropriate sub-options that appear below the terminated check box. The sub-options are Closed , Junked , and Unreproducible . Select multiple options as required.
- Click Export All to Spreadsheet link in the Search Results page under the Search Bugs tab. Specify file name and folder name to save the spreadsheet. All the bugs retrieved by the search will be exported.
- Click Export All to Spreadsheet link in the My Notifications tab. Specify file name and folder name to save the spreadsheet. All the saved bugs in all the groups will be exported.
If you are unable to export the spreadsheet, log into the Technical Support Website at
http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html for more information or call Cisco TAC (1-800-553-2447).
Use the Release Notes for Release Notes for Cisco ONS 15454, ONS 15454 M2, and ONS 15454 M6 DWDM, Release 9.2.2 in conjunction with the following referenced Release 9.2.1 and Release 9.2.2 publications:
- Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Procedure Guide
Provides installation, turn up, test, and maintenance procedures.
- Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Reference Manual
Provides technical reference information for SONET/SDH cards, nodes, and networks.
- Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM Troubleshooting Guide
Provides a list of alarms and troubleshooting procedures, general troubleshooting information, and hardware replacement procedures.
- Cisco ONS SONET TL1 Command Guide and Cisco ONS SDH TL1 Command Guide
Provides a comprehensive list of TL1 commands.
- Cisco ONS 15454 and Cisco ONS 15454 SDH Ethernet Card Software Feature and Configuration Guide
Provides technical reference and configuration information for Ethernet cards.
For information on obtaining documentation, submitting a service request, and gathering additional information, see the monthly What’s New in Cisco Product Documentation, which also lists all new and revised Cisco technical documentation, at:
Subscribe to the What’s New in Cisco Product Documentation as a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed and set content to be delivered directly to your desktop using a reader application. The RSS feeds are a free service and Cisco currently supports RSS version 2.0.
This document is to be used in conjunction with the documents listed in the “Related Documentation” section.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks . Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)
Any Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used in this document are not intended to be actual addresses. Any examples, command display output, and figures included in the document are shown for illustrative purposes only. Any use of actual IP addresses in illustrative content is unintentional and coincidental.