This document describes how to identify the active Cisco Desktop Suite users on the system.
This utility has not been tested thoroughly and is provided on an as-is basis only. It is applicable only to users of the Cisco Desktop Suite, which include:
- Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD)
- Cisco Supervisor Desktop (CSD)
- Cisco Desktop Adminstrator (CDA)
An IP address listed twice reflects a user who runs both CSD and CAD. In terms of concurrent licensing, this user counts for only one session.
Situations might occur where you need to identify certain Cisco Desktop Suite users (CAD/CSD/CDA) that are active on the system.
Run the ShowLicenseUsage utility in order to view the IP addresses of clients that consume desktop seats or run CDA or Cisco Work Flow Administrator. With the ShowLicenseUsage utility you can collect specific information such as user count, IP address, ID, and privileges associated with each user.
For IP Phone Agent and CAD-BE seats, the IP address listed indicates an active Browser and IP Phone Agent (BIPPA) service. For web-based CDA, the IP address listed indicates the CAD server.
In order to use the ShowLicenseUsage utility, complete these steps:
- On the server that hosts the CAD services, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder.
- Double-click ShowLicenseUsage.exe in order to run the utility. A command window opens and displays the results.