This document describes how to use the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) via Domain Name System (DNS) in order to call endpoints that are not registered to a Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS).
URI Over DNS
Complete these steps in order to use DNS to call endpoints that are not registered to the local VCS or one of its neighbors:
- Navigate to System > DNS in order to configure the VCS with the details for at least one DNS server that it can query.
- Create and configure a DNS zone in order to search for the URIs to be dialed:
- Navigate to VCS configuration > Zones and create a DNS zone.
- Navigate to VCS configuration > Dial plan > Search rules and create a search rule.
- Configure the search rule to include one of these Modes:
- Any Alias
- Alias Pattern Match (with a pattern string that matches the URIs to be dialed)
- Set the rule Target to the new DNS zone.