Document ID: 117866
Updated: Jun 27, 2014
Contributed by Sandeep Minhas and Robert Sherwin, Cisco TAC Engineers.
This document describes how to reset your lost administrator password.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA)
- Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
- Cisco Security Management Appliance (SMA)
Follow these steps to reset your admin password on your Cisco appliance.
- Contact Customer Support for a temporary admin password. You need to provide the serial number of the appliance.
- When you receive the temporary admin password, access the appliance via a serial connection.
- Log in as user adminpassword.
- Enter the temporary admin password that you received from the Customer Support Engineer and press Return.
- Enter the new password that will be used for the admin user.