This document describes how to reset your lost administrator password.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA)
- Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
- Cisco Security Management Appliance (SMA)
Follow these steps to reset your admin password on your Cisco appliance.
- Contact Customer Support for a temporary admin password. You need to provide the serial number of the appliance.
- When you receive the temporary admin password, access the appliance via a serial connection.
- Log in as user adminpassword.
- Enter the temporary admin password that you received from the Customer Support Engineer and press Return.
- Enter the new password that will be used for the admin user.