Add New Action Buttons in My VDCs

• Viewing Options

• PDF (337.9 KB)
  • Feedback

Document ID: 117662

Updated: Apr 08, 2014

Print

Introduction

This document explains how to add a new button in My VDC popover and bind it with a new service.

Before You Begin

Requirements

There are no specific requirements for this document.

Components Used

The information in this document is based on these hardware and software versions.

• Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud 4.0 (any edition) and Service Deisgner

Adding New Buttons to My VDC

In this section, you are presented with the steps to add a new action button to the My VDCs popover. Creating a new service or modifying an existing service is beyond the scope of this document.

IAC and Service Designer

The procedure for creating new buttons in My VDCs requires the use of Service Designer.

Adding a New Button

The following example illustrates the steps for adding a new button to "Release Floating IP Address."

Step 1: Go to Service Designer as shown below in Diagram 1.

Diagram1.png

Step 2: Create a service and save its name for future use.

• In Diagram 2 shown below, the name "Release Floating IP Address" is assigned to the new button and is case sensitive.

Diagram2.png

Step 3: Locate the IAC deployment directory and open the file "my-vdcs.html" for editing.

• \RequestCenterServer\deployments\RequestCenter.war\custom\IAC\portlets\my-vdcs.html

Step 4: Add new line at end of the ServiceIds section and within the appropriate conditional block that determines the accessibility of the service across different User Roles as shown below in Diagram 3.

NOTE: Service name is case sensitive, and uses "serviceId" as a second argument.

Diagram3.png

Step 5: Open the file "IACServersPopover.js" for editing that is located at:

• "\src\widget\iac\IACVDCPopover.js"

• Insert the following code shown below in Diagram 4 with the appropriate conditions to show the Action for each specific Role and PE Type, before calling "generateActionButtons" code (located before line No.: 198).

• In the serviceNames, push the service name, in this example "Release Floating IP Address."

• In the serviceids push the proper index value of the serviceIds array, in this example it's index13, the last service fetch from "getServiceProperties" in my-vdcs.html.

• The "generalCheck" value will be "true" for CPTA, OTA and TTA roles.

• In the above sample the new "Release Floating IP Address" action is not shown for VDCs of "OpenStack POD" (PE Type), however the check can be modified as needed.

Diagram4.png

Step 6: Build, run and deploy to verify new button is created.

Related Information

Updated: Apr 08, 2014
Document ID: 117662