What Is The Opportunity?
What Are The Challenges?
• Offering mobile data plans with both time-based (when a time period is exhausted) and volume-based (when a maximum data allowance is reached) quota enforcement
• Notifying subscribers when quotas reach thresholds or time periods expire
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Increases average revenue per user (ARPU) with more a granular market segmentation to reach pragmatic users who prefer to only occasionally access mobile data networks (Figure 1)
• Attracts a wider range of subscribers with the best plans for the subscribers' desired usage
• Provides up-sell opportunities to market postpaid data plans with specific promotions targeting casual users
Figure 1. Day/Session Pass Appeals to Price-Sensitive and Casual Mobile Users
What Do I Need?
• Cisco® ASR 5000 Multimedia Core Platform: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-Line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying the network through integrated services. The Day/Session Pass uses several In-Line Services functions, such as Application Detection and Control, Enhanced Charging Service, and policy enforcement.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending of network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. The solution helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services while providing significant revenue opportunities by allowing the deployment of new personalized services.
Get Started Today