|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Use Eight-Stream Output for Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
The comprehensive, reliable platform of the Cisco AS8100 Series Media Processor, formerly known as the Inlet Spinnaker HD-X / 8100, helps you stream in multiple formats to any device, including:
- Feature phones
- Smart phones
The Cisco Media Processor Family leads the market in full support for adaptive bitrate (ABR) streaming. These encoders can also detect broadcast cue messages and translate critical advertisement metadata into advertisement markers appropriate for Flash and Silverlight platforms and Apple iOS devices.
Now Available: AS8100 Plus IP
This license upgrade for the AS8100 allows you to use either an IP or a serial digital interface (SDI) input source in a single appliance, increasing flexibility. For more information on this functionality, contact your Cisco sales representative, or use one of the "Let Us Help" links on the right.
Get Ultrahigh Density
The Cisco AS8100 Series offers an exceptional adaptive streaming experience, including eight or more output streams per encoder. The integrated linear timecode (LTC) reader reduces the need for a "Little Red" device or other timecode reader.
Full Support for ABR Streaming
The AS8100 Series supports:
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming to iOS devices -- iPhones and iPads
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming to help secure live publishing solutions for Smooth
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming, with built-in Content Delivery Network (CDN) authentication
- Low-Latency Live Smooth Streaming and Multilanguage Smooth Streaming
- Distribution Format Exchange Profile (DFXP) for subtitling
Take Advantage of Multi-Encoder Synchronization
With the Cisco AS8100 Series Media Processor, you can:
- Allocate two or more encoders to one event
- Synchronize discrete encoders on frame boundaries
- Use an ideal system for backup, failover, and recovery
Expand Advertising and Profitability
Improve your business operations by:
- Automating advertisement insertion with playlists generated by playout servers
- Supporting slate insertion to remove broadcast advertisements
- Increasing video profitability with Internet advertisements for browser, mobile, and set-top boxes
Find additional information on the entire family of Cisco Media Processors for live streaming.