|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Advanced Switching for Converged Networks
Enterprises around the world need to provide connectivity anywhere, anytime, on an ever-increasing number of devices, for global workers, customers and trusted partners. This means breaking down the traditional device, location, and application border, which puts more demands on security, high availability, scalability, and manageability.
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Borderless Services Node integrates the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series/7600 Series Wireless Services Module (WiSM) and the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720. It is highly secure and mobile, enables system virtualization, and provides increased throughput with scalable performance.
Key features of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Borderless Services Node are:
- Dual Firewall Services Module for increased security and application performance
- Wireless Services Module to enable mobility through up to 300 access points and 10,000 clients
- Supervisor 720 with 10 Gb Ethernet uplinks and IPv6, which combines high-density uplinks, system virtualization, and increased throughput with scalable performance and a broad IP feature set
- Cisco Catalyst 6509-E Chassis with high port density and side-to-side airflow
- The node has a 16-port 10G module option or 24-port Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) module
- Workflow automation through CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 3.2 and earlier templates
- Cisco EnergyWise to reduce energy consumption and operating costs throughout the corporate infrastructure
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Products Bulletins List ) Data Sheets
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Products Data Sheets List ) Q&A
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Products Q and As List ) White Papers
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Products White Papers List )