|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Simplicity, Efficiency, Performance, and Density
The Cisco UCS B200 M1 Blade Server balances simplicity, performance, and density for production-level virtualization and other mainstream data-center workloads. The server is a half-width, two-socket blade server with substantial throughput and scalability.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to eight UCS B200 M1 Blade Servers, with a maximum of 320 per Unified Computing System.
Features of the Cisco UCS B200 M1 include:
- Up to two Intel® Xeon® 5500 Series processors, which automatically and intelligently adjust server performance according to application needs, increasing performance when needed and achieving substantial energy savings when not.
- Up to 96 GB of DDR3 memory in a half-width form factor for mainstream workloads, which serves to balance memory capacity and overall density.
- Two optional Small Form Factor (SFF) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives available in 73GB 15K RPM and 146GB 10K RPM versions with an LSI Logic 1064e controller and integrated RAID.
- One dual-port mezzanine card for up to 20 Gbps of I/O per blade. Mezzanine card options include either a Cisco UCS VIC M81KR Virtual Interface Card, a converged network adapter (Emulex or QLogic compatible), or a single 10GB Ethernet Adapter.
- Solution Overview: Cisco Unified Computing System
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
- Technology Overview of Unified Computing
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today's demands while being ready to accommodate future technologies
- How It Works -Video Demo
Accelerate the delivery of new services simply, reliably, and securely through end-to-end provisioning and migration support for both virtualized and non-virtualized systems.
- Extended Memory Technology Overview (PDF - 2.6 MB)
Cisco Extended Memory Technology provides more than twice as much memory (384 GB) as traditional two-socket servers, increasing performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large data-set workloads.
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers Data Sheets)
Cisco UCS M81KR Virtual Interface Card Data Sheet
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers Solution Overviews) White Papers
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers White Papers)