Cisco UCS Manager is fully interoperable with the major systems management tools that are commonly found in heterogeneous data centers.
Refer to the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) for more detailed information:
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and servers unify computing, networking, management, virtualization, and storage access into a single integrated architecture
For more detailed information on applications, OS, hardware, and hypervisor interoperability, click here
For more information on the Solution Partner Program and Unified Computing Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT), click here
The Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager provides unified, embedded management of all software and hardware components in the Cisco UCS. It controls multiple chassis and manages resources for thousands of virtual machines.
Cisco UCS Manager is fully interoperable with many major systems management tools commonly found in heterogeneous data centers
See the following lists for more information.
Cisco UCS "Validated" products and solutions reflect rigorous Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT). UCS Validated products must conform to strict guidelines for testing, must pass review and gain approval prior to being designated as "UCS Validated".
Partner Current Supported Version Mirantis Mirantis Open Stack 5.0 AndTek
Hardware component support:
- AndTek Appliance, Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series products, VMware ESX and ESXi 4.x and 5.x
- Phone 4.0
- AND Phone 4.0
Bridgewater Bridgewater Policy Controller China Standard Software Co. Ltd. NeoKylin Linux Advanced Server v6.0 Corel Corel DRAW Graphics Suite x6 Gorilla XShare (B- & C-series)
Enterprise TV (B- & C-series)
Greenplum (Pivitol) Pivitol Greenplum Database IBM Ready for IBM DB2 Microsoft Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, and 2010
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2
Cisco Validated Design Guide for Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization of Exchange 2010 on UCS
Microstrategy Microstrategy 9.3 Nexenta VSA for View Nimble Storage CS Series Family OneCloud Havate [Open Stack] Oracle Oracle 10gR2 Database (Single Instance and Real Application Clusters [RAC]) for Linux
Oracle 11gR1 Database (Single Instance and RAC) for Linux
Oracle 11gR2 Database (Single Instance and RAC) for Linux
All other Oracle applications are certified for Cisco UCS running on the OS upon which UCS is certified.
Parallels Parallels Virtuozzo Containers SAP
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4.8, 5.3, or later; and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 SP3 and SLES 11 or later
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Linux and Windows in a virtual machine on VMware ESX 3.5 and 4.0
- Windows in a virtual machine on Hyper-V
- SLES 10 SP1 or later in a virtual machine on a SLES 10 SP1 or later embedded Xen Hypervisor
- RHEL 5 or later in a virtual machine on a RHEL 5 or later embedded Xen Hypervisor
- Cisco Validated Design Guide: FlexPod for SAP Applications 2011 on UCS (PDF - 3.7 MB)
Symantec NetBackup Tintri VMstore T540 Translattice Translattice Elastic Database 2.5 (virtualized database) Unitrends Enterprise Backup Veeam
- Veeam BackUp & Replication
- Veeam Management Pack
- Veeam BackUp Management Suite
- Veeam BackUp Essentials for VMware and HyperV
Other enterprise applications Applications on Windows Server
Applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (PDF - 651 KB)
Systems Management, Service Assurance, Security
Cisco UCS Management solutions are optimized to support Cisco data center architectures, and to simplify and automate tasks associated with using Cisco infrastructure.
Systems Management, Service Assurance, Security
Partner Monitoring , Analysis, Service Assurance BMC Software BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management - Cisco UCS Edition 1.7 CA Technologies CA eHealth 6.2.1
CA Spectrum 9.2.1
Cloudian Cloudian 2.4 Commvault Simpana Compuware Compuware Vantage 11.5 HP HP Operations Manager 9.0 ExtraHop Networks ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance System 3.5 IBM Tivoli IBM Tivoli Monitoring InfoVista InfoVista VistaInsight for Networks with 5View JouleX [Cisco-owned] JouleX Energy Manager 3.0
JouleX Energy Manager 4.0
Microsoft Microsoft System Center Suite
Operations Manager 2007 and 2012
Virtual Machine Manager 2012
NetIQ [Novell] AppManager Proximal Data Proximal Data AutoCache 1.0 ScienceLogic ScienceLogic 7.0 SevOne SevOne Performance Appliance Solution SolarWinds SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor 10 VMTurbo VMTurbo Operations Manager 3.1 Zenoss Zenoss Enterprise 3.0
Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance 4.2
Partner Deployment and Configuration Tools BMC Software BMC BladeLogic Server Automation 7.7 and 8.1, including Compliance Manager
BMC BladeLogic for Cisco UCS 8.0
BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management 8.1
BladeLogic Server Automation - All versions
CA Technologies CA Spectrum Automation Manager R12 HP HP Network Automation 7.8
HP Server Automation 9.0
IBM IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager 7.1
IBM Tivoli Network Manager 3.8
Partner Service Orchestration Tools Symantec NetBackup
NetBackup Integrated Backup Appliances 5230
Proximal Data Proximal Data AutoCache 1.0 BMC Software BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Cisco UCS Director (Formerly Cloupia) Cisco Cloupia 3.4 DynamicOps (now part of VMware) DynamicOps Cloud Automation Center (Virtual Resource Manager) 4.0 HP HP Operations Orchestration IBM IBM Service Delivery Manager Symantec Symantec NetBackup VMware VMware vCloud Director 1.0
VMware vCenter Orchestrator
Cisco Systems Cisco Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator 2.1.1
Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud
Partner Service Assurance Centerity Centerity Monitor Embrane Embrane Heleos 2.0.1 KEMP Technologies KEMP LoadMaster for Cisco UCS version 6.0-40CM Loadmaster on B-series Radware Appliance Delivery Alteon ADC v29 VMTurbo VMTurbo Operations Manager 4.5 Zenoss Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance 4.2.4 Partner Development and Operations Electric Cloud Electric Cloud ElectricAccelerator 6.1
Electric Cloud ElectricCommander 4.1
3M Korea 3M Digital Parking Lot System (DPLS) Partner Security Imperva SecureSphere File Security
SecureSphere Database Security
SecureSphere Web Application Firewall
Lancope Stealthwatch 6.0 Trend Micro Trend Micro Deep Security 8.0
Virtualization, Virtual Desktop
Cisco Unified Data Center changes the economics of the data center by unifying compute, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single platform. The result is operational simplicity and business agility -- essential for cloud computing and deploying IT as a service.
Virtualization, VDI / VXI Partners
Partner Product: Current Supported Version Atlantis Computing Atlantis ILIO 2 and Cisco VXI HyTrust HyTrust Appliance 2.1 Hytrust HyTrust CloudControl 3.6 Microsoft Microsoft Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2 Proximal Data Proximal Data AutoCache 1.0 Red Hat Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 and 5.4 with Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) CloudVolumes CloudVolumes 1.0.6 StorMagic StorMagic SvSAN 5 virtual storage appliance Teradici Teradici APEX 2800 server offload card VCE VBlock VMware VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4, and 3.5 U4 Xangati Xangati Management Dashboard (XMD) Suite 5
Big Data, Analytics, Specialized Applications
A collection of very large complex data sets usually utilizing database management tools or traditional data processing applications. Big data solutions must enable high performance and scale as the business demands.
Big Data, Analytics, Specialized Applications
Partner Big Data / Analytics Actian Actian Matrix v5.0 Cloudera Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop CDH Hortonworks Hortonworks Data Platform 2.1 Informatica Power Center Big Data Edition 9.5.1 MapR MapR Apache Hadoop M7 Enterprise Edition 3.0.1 Philips [Healthcare] IntelliSpace Event Management [IEM] r11 ParAccel ParAccel Analytic Platform 4.0.1 StackIQ StackIQ Enterprise Data XtremeData XtremeData dbX 3.0 Partner Specialized Applications AIS (Actionable Intelligence Systems for forensic accounting) Financial Investigative Software (FIS) v7.0 Caringo CAStor 7 ESRI Geographical Mapping System (GIS) Interra Systems Baton 5.4 Mida Solutions [Italy] eFramework 2.8 Zerto Disaster Recovery (DRaaS)
The Storage vendors listed here have successfully passed Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) for Cisco UCS. IVT is full-scale testing of software / applications for compatibility, integration, and / or interoperability with Cisco technologies such as UCS.
Storage products listed on the HCL reflect rigorous testing by the vendor and Cisco, and notes any caveats. The HCL is a definitive list of supported products (including storage arrays) that TAC and Cisco customers can reference to determine which 3rd-party products have been formally tested and are supportable via Quality Assurance, and Cisco TAC.
For a list of storage vendors who have Hardware Compatibility Listings (on HCL), click here to download the UCS Interoperability Matrix.
Storage Interoperability on the HCL:
The Cisco UCS Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) provides a definitive list of supported products (including storage arrays) which TAC and Cisco customers can reference to determine completed formal testing and support via Quality Assurance.
- The HCL is intended for any UCS-managed B- or C-series server. Certification testing for HCL inclusion can take from 4-6 weeks (depending on the skill level of the testers and hardware availability.)
- If your product is hardware, a hardware appliance, or a storage array, those products must go through the rigorous Quality Assurance testing prior to be listed on the HCL.
- The vendors listed under Storage Interoperability reflect vendors who have undergone extensive testing on the software components of their storage products via UCS IVT.
Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) reflects comprehensive testing of software, applications, and solutions performed in a Cisco IVT Lab, or as a "self-test" on Cisco UCS equipment. IVT can take from 5 - 30 days depending on the level of effort and hardware requirements.
- IVT postings are to showcase storage partners that have successfully passed UCS IVT.
- IVT does not reflect a "support" status and should not be confused with the HCL postings
- For Solution Partner Program members, please reference the UCS Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) page at: https://developer.cisco.com/site/data-center/ucs-system-mgmt/ucs-dev-center/ivt-testing/
UCS Interoperability Matrix link:
|Partner||Current Supported Version|
|Nexenta||NexentaVSA for View 2.0|
|Nimble Storage||Nimble Storage CS-Series|
|Pure Storage||Flash Array|
|StorMagic||StorMagic SvSAN 2.1 virtual storage appliance|
|X-IO Technologies||Hyper ISE 7-Series|
|Zadara||Zadara Storage System Software|
The new Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) Platform Ready designation is an easy, cost-effective way for independent software vendors (ISVs), and other partners, to demonstrate their solutions’ interoperability with the Cisco UCS platform. Platform Ready is a solution category that provides the ability to define and promote a level of interoperability based on published Cisco interoperability requirements.
Cisco UCS is a world-leading x86 server platform and is driving rapid adoption of the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. By demonstrating interoperability with Cisco UCS, ISVs and partners can expand their credibility and visibility with customers and increase their revenue opportunities.
Solution Partner Program members have access to a broad range of program marketing resources. Partners' solutions that have achieved the Cisco UCS Platform Ready designation are listed in the Technology Solutions Catalog in the Cisco Marketplace, which provides Cisco customers and channel partners confidence that the solution meets the interoperability requirements published by Cisco.
- Partner is an active Solution Partner Program member.
- The product or solution must be commercially available.
- The product or solution must be associated with Cisco UCS hardware.
- The product or solution must have at least one customer reference where the product is deployed.
- Partner must provide a minimum of 8 x 5 product support.
- Partner must accept Cisco terms and conditions.
- Partner must meet the conditions of the interoperability requirement matrix published by Cisco through the Hardware and Software Interoperability Matrix Utility Tool.
- Partners can use the Platform Ready designation to demonstrate that their solutions meet the public-facing Cisco UCS interoperability requirements.
- Partners can use the Solution Partner relationship logo.
- The Platform Ready designation demonstrates product interoperability and readiness for Cisco UCS.
- The Platform Ready designation is associated with partners’ products in the Technology Solutions Catalog in the Cisco Marketplace.
- With a listing in Cisco Marketplace, Cisco partners can expand their credibility and visibility with customers and increase their revenue opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the participating Cisco UCS products?
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Mount Servers
- Cisco UCS Mini
My company has solutions that are already integrated with other Cisco technology products offered by the Solution Partner Program. Can those solutions also be designated as Platform Ready?
Yes. Register your solutions with the appropriate Cisco UCS hardware. After the solutions are approved, you can apply for the Platform Ready designation for those solutions.
How do I apply for Platform Ready?
You can find the instructions in the Solution Partner Program Handbook in the portal of the Cisco Solution Partner Program.