|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco PIX Device Manager. Customers with service contracts will continue to receive support from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) through the last date of support listed in the end-of-sale and end-of-life announcements.
Cisco PIX Security Appliance customers are encouraged to migrate to Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances. In addition to providing the same robust firewall and IPsec VPN capabilities as Cisco PIX Security Appliances, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series offers significantly better performance and scalability, SSL VPN support, advanced Unified Communications (voice/video) security, and a modular design that allows customers to add features such as intrusion prevention (IPS), antivirus, antispam, antiphishing, URL filtering, and more. Migration to the Cisco ASA 5500 Series is straightforward, because consistent management and monitoring interfaces allow you to take advantage of your knowledge and investment in Cisco PIX Security Appliances.
Get additional information about the Cisco PIX Security Appliances end-of-sale announcement.
The Cisco PIX Device Manager (PDM) provides security management and monitoring services for Cisco PIX security appliances (running Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 6.3 and prior) and the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module (FWSM). The Cisco PIX Device Manager features:
- An intuitive GUI with integrated online help
- Intelligent wizards to simplify setup and ongoing management
- Informative, real-time, and historical reports for critical insight into usage trends, performance baselines, and security events
- Administrative and device security support through user passwords (with optional authentication via a RADIUS or TACACS server)
- Encrypted communications to local or remote devices