Simplify Operations, Reduce Excess Latency
The Cisco ONS 15216 DWDM System is a suite of passive components used to build and augment dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) networks. Consisting of mux/demux patch panels, optical add/drop multiplexers (OADMs), and dispersion compensation units (DCUs), the ONS 15216 delivers simple, cost-effective functionality in a small, low-power form factor.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco ONS 15216 mux/demux patch panels are offered in 40 and 48 channel versions, with in service-expansion to 80/96 channels. When used with router-based DWDM pluggable transceivers, a passive DWDM network built with the ONS 15216 can help enable huge bandwidth between data centers, while introducing minimal operational complexity and near-zero excess latency.
Four-channel OADMs allow mesh and ring configurations. An eight-channel course wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM) terminal filter allows the use of cost-effective CWDM pluggable optics.
The ONS 15216 DWDM System also plays an important role in augmenting the functionality of reconfigurable add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) networks built with the ONS 15454 MSTP. By acting as the add/drop stage of a ROADM network element, chassis space is preserved for additional service cards.
Features and Benefits
- Support for up to 96 channels in the C-band
- Passive operation, eliminating power requirements and optimizing reliability
- Pay-as-you-grow pricing options for cost-effective initial deployment and easier growth
- Four-channel DWDM and eight-channel CWDM for cost effective low channel count applications
- USB inventory capability for management integration with the ONS 15454 MSTP