The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 32 - Programmable Intelligent Services Accelerator (PISA) embeds multi-gigabit deep packet inspection capability into Cisco’s flagship switching platform. This enables hardware acceleration of services that offers new levels of application intelligence, integrated security, and operational manageability for Enterprise campus access and WAN routing.
In addition to PISA technology, this product incorporates all the functionality of the Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 32. Two uplink options are available: 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Small Form Pluggable (SFP)-based uplinks and 2-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet XENPAK-based uplinks.
- Hardware accelerated Stateful Application Intelligence (SAI) proactively optimized network traffic for application delivery based on more than 100 different protocols
- Hardware accelerated Flexible Packet Matching (FPM) delivers protection against notable worms/viruses and Day Zero attacks
- Manage SAI and FPM from a central management node using Cisco Quality-of-Service Policy Manager 4.0 and Cisco Security Manager 3.1 (for SAI and FPM, respectively)
- Policy Feature Card 3B (PFC3B) extends Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 advanced services into the access layer. When the Supervisor 32 is used in conjunction with Supervisor 720, they provide an end to end Catalyst 6500 solution for customers looking to simplify their network operations and management through feature consistency
- Industry leading integrated security through support of hardware-based rate limiters, port based access lists, and other authentication and threat defense features insures network availability and the integrity of communications.
- Sub-second Layer 2 Stateful Switch Over (SSO), gateway load-balancing protocols, and proactive detection and prevention of network equipment failures using Generic Online Diagnostics (GOLD) ensures business continuity.
Cisco Sharpens the Enterprise Edge with Flagship Catalyst 6500 Switching Platform
Greater application control and advanced security services in the campus and WAN edge deliver optimal customer experience of business applications.
Campus Communications Fabric Overview
Evolve your network to address rapidly changing needs of today and tomorrow.
New Design Principals for Campus Networking
Nick Lippis and Kumar Srikantan discuss how the latest innovations in user applications are changing the architecture of campus network design.
Cisco Propels Networking to the Business Platform Level (15:58 minutes)
Nick Lippis and Marie Hattar discuss how the role of the network has expanded as key enabler of productivity and differentiation.
Services Aggregation Innovations in the WAN and MAN
Extend consistent services from campus to WAN with Catalyst 6500 series switches and Cisco 7200 series routers.
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Brochure List )
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Bulletins List ) Data Sheets
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Data Sheets List ) Q&A
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Q and As List )