WAN Interface Cards Boost Connectivity
The 3G Wireless WAN High-Speed WAN Interface Cards (HWICs) offer a compelling alternative to traditional wireline backup solutions on Cisco 1841/1861,1900 Series, 2800/2900 Series, and 380/3900 Series integrated services routers. Powered by the widely deployed high-speed cellular networks, the cards offer cost-effective primary connectivity for rapid deployments, kiosks, ATMs, and telemetry applications.
The 3G Wireless WAN HWICs provide a, true multipath WAN backup solution that delivers higher performance than dialup/ISDN solutions at a fraction of the cost. The cards deliver WAN connectivity in a fraction of the time required to install a traditional wireline WAN connection.
The 3G Wireless WAN HWICs support the following 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G technologies:
- HWIC-3G-CDMA supports 1xEV-DO Rev A, 1x EV-DO Rev 0, and 1xRTT
- HWIC-3G-HSPA supports HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS
The cards automatically select the best available service based on wireless network availability in the service area.
- WAN backup: Independent of the wireline infrastructure, enhances business resilience and disaster recovery preparedness
- Primary WAN connectivity: Ideal for locations where traditional wired solutions are unavailable, not feasible, or costly
- Rapid deployments or temporary sites: Offers agility to businesses that require instant setup and frequent relocation
- Retail and telemetry: Ideal for low data volumes and high-security applications, such as bank ATMs, kiosks, gas stations, and telemetry sites
3G Wireless Coverage and Approved Carriers
Find approved wireless 3G carriers.
Cisco 3G Wireless WAN HWIC Performance
(All Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface Cards Data Sheets)
MS Word Template_102504
(All Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface Cards Q&A)