WAN Interface Cards Boost Connectivity
The 3G Wireless WAN High-Speed WAN Interface Cards (HWICs) offer a compelling alternative to traditional wireline backup solutions on Cisco 1841/1861,1900 Series, 2800/2900 Series, and 380/3900 Series integrated services routers. Powered by the widely deployed high-speed cellular networks, the cards offer cost-effective primary connectivity for rapid deployments, kiosks, ATMs, and telemetry applications.
The 3G Wireless WAN HWICs provide a, true multipath WAN backup solution that delivers higher performance than dialup/ISDN solutions at a fraction of the cost. The cards deliver WAN connectivity in a fraction of the time required to install a traditional wireline WAN connection.
The 3G Wireless WAN HWICs support the following 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G technologies:
- HWIC-3G-CDMA supports 1xEV-DO Rev A, 1x EV-DO Rev 0, and 1xRTT
- HWIC-3G-HSPA supports HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS
The cards automatically select the best available service based on wireless network availability in the service area.
- WAN backup: Independent of the wireline infrastructure, enhances business resilience and disaster recovery preparedness
- Primary WAN connectivity: Ideal for locations where traditional wired solutions are unavailable, not feasible, or costly
- Rapid deployments or temporary sites: Offers agility to businesses that require instant setup and frequent relocation
- Retail and telemetry: Ideal for low data volumes and high-security applications, such as bank ATMs, kiosks, gas stations, and telemetry sites
(All Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface Cards Data Sheets)
MS Word Template_102504
(All Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface Cards Q&A)