With the growth of high-bandwidth applications, such as storage and video, in the workplace, network performance is essential. Wireless technology is no longer lagging behind wired performance. The Cisco
® WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point (Figure 1) answers the growing business need for access, speed, and security.
The Cisco Wireless-N Access Point lets you connect Wireless-N (802.11n), Wireless-G (802.11g), and Wireless-B (802.11b) devices to your wired network, so you can add PCs to the network with no cabling hassle. Power over Ethernet (PoE) support makes the access point easy to install - you can mount it anywhere, even without ready access to a power plug. With appropriate PoE support at the other end, you need to run only one cable to the access point to deliver both data and power. Of course, you can also use the included AC adapter if power is available nearby.
Moreover, the integrated quality of service (QoS) features provide consistent voice and video quality on both the wired and wireless networks, enabling the deployment of business-quality voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
To protect your data and privacy, the Cisco Wireless-N Access Point supports the industrial-strength wireless security of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. The MAC address filter lets you decide exactly who has access to your wireless network, and advanced logging keeps you apprised of access attempts. The rogue access point detection capability notifies the administrator when an unauthorized access point is detected in the airspace. The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) feature facilitates simple and secure deployment of security in the wireless network. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
The Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point is the best way to add wireless access to your existing business network.
• Draft 802.11n wireless networking delivers greater throughput and extended range, maximizing the number of wireless clients per access point for your small business
• Easy installation and configuration via a web interface
• Adjustable and removable dipole antennas with multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) 3x3 diversity
• Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface
• Supports PoE and external DC power
• HTTP Redirect facilitates the display of a splash page on initial user access
• IPv6 host support for managing the access point over IPv6
• Multiple basic service set identifier (BSSID) support allows the creation of multiple secure wireless workgroups for users and guests
• Service set identifier (SSID) to VLAN mapping maintains application security and quality across wireless and wired
• WPS allows for simple and secure deployment of the wireless network
• Logging via syslog, email, or local log
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) wireless QoS support
Table 1 lists the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point: PoE/Advanced Security
• 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapter with TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
• Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
3-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty.
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with 3-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: