The Cisco® I-Flex design combines shared port adapters (SPA) and SPA interface processors (SIP), leveraging an extensible design that enables service prioritization for voice, video and data services. Enterprise and service provider customers can take advantage of improved slot economics resulting from modular port adapters that are interchangeable across Cisco routing platforms. The I-Flex design maximizes connectivity options and offers superior service intelligence through programmable interface processors that deliver line-rate performance. I-Flex enhances speed-to-service revenue and provides a rich set of QoS features for premium service delivery while effectively reducing the overall cost of ownership. This data sheet contains the specifications for the Cisco 7304 2-Port 1000BASE-X/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter (Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA; refer to Figure 1).
The Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA is designed to meet the growing demand for customers who need cost-effective and simple connectivity for Internet gateway, peering, or Metro Ethernet access applications. This SPA is a single-height module capable of supporting two fiber Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or copper RJ-45 connections. Two SPAs fit into one carrier card in a single line-card slot of the Cisco 7304 Router, greatly extending port density and modularity.
Figure 1. Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA
Cisco 7304 SPA Modular Services Card
The Cisco 7304 SPA Modular Services Card (Cisco 7304 SPA MSC) is designed to enable the use of SPAs in the Cisco 7304 Router. It allows the configuration of two single-height SPAs per Cisco 7304 line-card slot. Online insertion and removal (OIR) of a SPA and the MSC is supported.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Table 1 summarizes the features and benefits of the Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA
Enables up to four ports of Gigabit Ethernet per slot for Ethernet aggregation
The single-height form factor provides maximum flexibility for a variety of densities of Gigabit Ethernet aggregation topologies.
Provides maximum modularity for flexible deployment options
With the implementation of a single-height SPA, the Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA doubles its modularity as well as its density for Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
Supports standards-based Gigabit Ethernet implementation for compatibility and interoperability
The Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA is based on industry standards-ensuring interoperability and compatibility with other standards-based Gigabit Ethernet products in the customer's network.
Table 2 gives specifications of the Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA.
Table 2. Specifications of Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA
The Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA is supported on the following:
• Line cards-SPAs, port adapters, and Cisco 7304 native line cards can coexist in the Cisco 7304 chassis
• Carrier-requires a Cisco 7304 SPA Modular Services Card (part number 7304-MSC-100)
• Fiber small form-factor pluggable optics (SFPs):
• Extended temperature tri-rate SX/SW (short reach) SFP (part number SFP-FCGE-S)
• Extended temperature tri-rate LX/LW (long reach) SFP (part number SFP-FCGE-L)
• Extended temperature ZX (extended reach) SFP (part number SFP-GE-Z)
Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.2(20)S2 and later
Features and Functions
• Two ports of Gigabit Ethernet per SPA, and up to four ports per line-card slot
• 802.1Q VLAN termination
• Jumbo frame support
• Full-duplex operation in fiber or SFP mode and half- or full-duplex operation in RJ-45 mode
• Autosensing of medium dependent interface-crossover (MDI-X) for crossover cables
• Autodetection and autonegotiation of 10, 100, and 1000 link rates in RJ-45 mode
• Autosensing of MDI-X for crossover cables for RJ-45 mode
• Support for command-line interface (CLI)-controlled OIR
• Parity and cyclic-redundancy-check (CRC) detection for application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) and discrete memory errors
• 802.3x flow control
• Autonegotiation in duplex mode
• Up to 4096 VLANs per SPA subject to IDB limits
• Up to 2046 VLAN-filtering entries per port
• Up to 2048 MAC address entries for destination MAC address filtering per SPA, and up to 1020 MAC address filtering entries per port
• Per-port counters for policy drops, oversubscription drops, CRC error drops, packet sizes, unicast, multicast, and broadcast packets
• Per-port byte counters for good bytes and dropped bytes
The following additional features are supported in the Cisco 7304 Router:
• Ethernet over Multiprotocol Label Switching (EoMPLS)
• Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
• Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
• Storage temperature: -38 to 150°F (-40 to 70°C)
• Operating temperature, nominal: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
• Operating temperature, short term: 32 to 131°F (0 to 55°C)
• Storage relative humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity
• Operating humidity, nominal: 5 to 85% relative humidity
• Operating humidity, short term: 5 to 90% relative humidity
• Operating altitude: -60 meters to 4000 meters
The Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA has a series of front-panel LEDs that indicate power and operational status as well as Ethernet port status. The green and amber LEDs encode the SPA status as follows:
• LED off indicates that the SPA is powered off.
• LED amber indicates that the SPA is powered on and initializing.
• LED green indicates that the SPA is powered on and operational.
In addition to the status LED, the Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA also has a bicolor, surface-mount, right-angle LED dedicated to each Gigabit Ethernet port to indicate port status. The green and amber LEDs encode the port status as follows:
• LED off indicates that the port is not enabled by software.
• LED amber indicates that the port is enabled by software, but there is a problem with the Ethernet link.
• LED green indicates that the port is enabled by software, and there is a valid Ethernet link.
The Cisco 7304 SPA MSC supports LEDs indicating OIR status and operational status. The illumination of the LED for OIR status means the following:
• LED off indicates a default state.
• LED on (green light) indicates that the line card is ready to be removed.
The operational status LED is bicolor with an off state, a green state, or a yellow state as follows:
• LED off indicates that the card is offline.
• LED yellow indicates that Cisco SPA MSC is powering up.
• LED green indicates that the power is on and OK.
• Height: 0.80 inches (2.03 cm) (single-height)
• Width: 6.75 inches (17.15 cm)
• Depth: 8.10 inches (20.57 cm)
• Weight: 0.80 lb (0.37 kg)
• Network management using:
• Host system CLI
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• Inventory and asset management related MIBs:
• Entity-MIB (RFC 2737)
• Fault management:
• Cisco-entity-field-replaceable unit (FRU)-control-MIB
• Physical interface management:
• Etherlike-MIB (RFC 2665)
• Other MIBs:
• Remote Monitoring (RMON)-MIB (RFC 1757)
• MPLS-related MIBs
• Ethernet MIB/RMON
Unit power: 10.0W
• Supports both copper and fiber connections (one port can have an RJ-45 connection while the other one can have an FX connection)
• Physical ports:
• Two 1000BASE-X SFP ports
• Two 10/100/1000 RJ-45 ports
• UL 60950
• CSA C22 No. 60950
• EN 60950
• IEC 60950
• AS/NZS 3260
• EN 60825-1
• EN 60825-2
• 21 CRF 1040.10 and 1040.11
• CFR 47, Part 15
• ICES 003
• CISPR 22
• EN 55022
• EN 300386
• AS/NZS 3548
• EN 50082-1
• EN 55024
• EN 61000-6-1
• EN 61000-4-2
• EN 61000-4-3
• EN 61000-4-4
• EN 61000-4-5
• EN 61000-4-6
The Cisco 7304 Gigabit Ethernet SPA is designed to meet the following requirements (some qualifications are currently in progress):
• SR-3580-Network Equipment Building System (NEBS): Criteria levels (Level 3 compliant)
Cisco Systems offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare your network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco services, refer to
Cisco Technical Support Services or
Cisco Advanced Services.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio, visit
http://www.cisco.com/go/spa or contact your local Cisco account representative.