The Cisco® 3205 Wireless Mobile Interface Card (WMIC) for the Cisco 3200 Series Rugged Integrated Services Routers (ISR) is an 802.11a/h broadband radio that provides integrated wireless WAN or LAN capabilities in the unlicensed 5-GHz band. Designed in the same ruggedized, compact PC/104-Plus form factor as other Cisco 3200 Series interface cards, the Cisco WMIC is engineered to be integrated with the Cisco 3200 Rugged ISR in outdoor environments.
The new Cisco 3205 WMIC will be orderable March 1, 2008, for the European product IDs and March 15 for the North American product IDs.
• Industry standard PC/104+ form factor
• Industrial-grade components with extended operating temperature ranges
• Sold as a standalone card for custom, embedded applications or as part of a rugged router system
• Compliant with Dynamic Frequency Selection (Europe only) for radar detection
• Transmit Power Control (Europe only) to limit transmitted power for optimal coverage
• Flexibility to configure the Cisco 3205 WMIC as a root bridge, non-root bridge, access point, or workgroup bridge (client)
• Provides unlicensed spectrum for backhauling voice, video, and data traffic from a vehicle or outdoor network; expands RF selection beyond 802.11b/g
• Supports Cisco IOS® Software providing a breadth of features including standards-based authentication, security, and quality of service (QoS)
• Enables customers to deploy a one-box solution with integrated wireless, including 5-GHz 802.11 a/h, 2.4-GHz 802.11b/g, and 4.9-GHz in a single, rugged enclosure
• Built with industrial-grade components to withstand harsh environments in vehicle or outdoor enclosures
• Standard PC/104+ form factor allows qualified system integrator partners to embed the WMIC into custom enclosures
Cisco is pleased to announce the availability of a new Cisco 3205 WMIC for the European and North American markets. The new product introduction is the first time a 5-GHz WMIC for the Cisco 3200 will be supported in North America.
European customers have had the opportunity to order a 5-GHz WMIC prior to the North American market. The current product IDs available in Europe today are the C3205WMIC-K9 and C3205WMIC-TP-K9.
European regulations mandate that all 802.11a/h products shipping into Europe on or after April 1, 2008, must be compliant with European Telecommunications Standardization Institute specification EN 301893 v1.3.1 for Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS 1.3.1).
The C3205WMIC-K9 and C3205WMIC-TP-K9 products do not support DFS 1.3.1 compliance regulations. Therefore, the recommended replacement for the C3205WMIC-K9 product is the new C3205WMIC-E-K9 (5-GHz WMIC without thermal plates). The replacement for C3205WMIC-TP-K9 is C3205WMIC-TPEK9 (5-GHz WMIC with thermal plates).
Cisco 3205 WMIC for N. America (without thermal plates)
Cisco 3205 WMIC for N. America (with thermal plates)
Cisco 3205 WMIC for European Union (without thermal plates)
Cisco 3205 WMIC for European Union (with thermal plates)
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our network of skilled partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.
For More Information
To learn more about rugged router solutions based on the Cisco 3200 Series, please visit the following pages or contact your Cisco Account Representative.
For information about the Cisco 3200 Series, visit: