The Cisco® Video Surveillance IP Camera 2500 is a high-resolution, feature-rich digital camera designed for superior performance in a wide variety of environments. The camera employs MPEG4 compression to stream 30 frames per second (fps) at D1 (720 x 480, NTSC) resolution or 25 fps at D1 (720 x 576, PAL) resolution, offering efficient network utilization while providing high-quality video. Two-way audio and contact closures allow integration with microphones, speakers, and access control systems. With its open, standards-based design, the camera provides an ideal platform for transparent integration and operation as an independent device or as part of a Cisco Video Surveillance network.
• Wide dynamic range: Powerful digital imaging technology allows the camera to capture high-quality images in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor lighting conditions. A progressive scan image sensor with global electronic shuttering helps ensure natural color rendition, zero blooming and smear, and minimal motion blurring.
• Embedded security and networking: The camera provides 802.1X authentication and hardware-based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). For enhanced bandwidth management, the camera supports IP Multicast and quality of service (QoS).
• Event notification: The camera can examine designated areas for activity and notify users or other applications when it detects activity that exceeds a predefined threshold. The camera also provides two digital inputs and two digital outputs that can be used to initiate specific actions when an alarm is detected.
• Flexible power options: The camera supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) 802.3af or DC power through an optional external power supply.
• Mounting options: The camera can be installed with a fixed mount or with an optional external pan/tilt mount and motorized zoom lens.
• Imaging device: 1/3-inch complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) with wide dynamic range.
• Dynamic range: 102 decibels (dB) typical/120 dB maximum.
• Image control: Automatic white balance (AWB), automatic back lighting, automatic gain control (AGC), auto/manual iris, sharpness, image quality, time stamp, and camera ID.
• Image settings: Configurable color level, brightness, sharpness, contrast, white balance, and exposure control.
• Minimum illumination:
– Color mode: F1.4 @ 0.4 lux (.04 fc)
– Black-and-white mode: F1.4 @ 0.04 lux (0.004 fc)
• Signal-to-noise ration (SNR): >48 dB.
• Lens selection: Accepts manual or DC auto iris lens.
• Lens mount: CS mount.
• Shutter speed: On, off.
• Video format: NTSC and PAL.
• Resolution and frame rate: NTSC/PAL:
– 720 x 480/576 @ 30/25 fps (D1)
– 704 x 480/576 @ 30/25 fps (4CIF)
– 352 x 240/288 @ 30/25 fps (CIF)
• Video compression: MPEG4 SP level 0 to 4, ASP level 0 to 5.
• Video streaming:
– Single-stream MPEG4 up to D1 720 x 480/576 @ 30/25 fps
– Dual-stream MPEG4: Primary stream programmable up to 704 x 480/576 @ 25/20 fps
• Secondary stream programmable up to 352 x 240/288 @ 25/20 fps
• Selectable bit rate: Support for constant bit rate or variable bit rate (constant quality), and variable bit rate with ceiling (bandwidth management by reducing frame rate rather than quality).
• Overlay capabilities: Time, date, and camera ID.
• Activity detection: Three user-definable detection areas (e-mail alert and FTP uploading of captured video or JPEG snapshots triggered by motion alert).
• Configuration: Browser-based using Internet Explorer 5.x and later.
• Camera access control: Multiple user access levels with password protection.
• IP filtering: Users can enter a list of allowed or blocked IP addresses for viewing video and configuring camera settings.
– Two-way (full- and half-duplex) or one-way or audio off
– Internal microphone or optional external microphone
– Optional external speaker
• Audio compression: G.711 A-Law, G.711 U-Law, G.726.
• QoS: Differentiated services code point (DSCP) marking for video and audio.
• Protocols: Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Secure HTTP (HTTPS), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
• Network connection: 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet with RJ-45 connector.
• Video connector: Analog output BNC connector, 75 ohms.
• Audio connectors:
– 3.5-mm output jack for optional external speaker
– 3.5-mm input jack for optional external microphone
• Serial port: RS-485 (2-wire), Pelco D protocol only.
• Alarm input: 2, logic level programmable.
• Alarm output: 2, logic level programmable.
Table 1. Cisco Video Surveillance IP Camera Ordering Information
Service and Support
For More Information