Cisco Active Advisor is a cloud-based service that provides essential lifecycle information about your network inventory. Available by itself, or as a component of other Cisco network management applications, it helps you reduce your network's overall risk by keeping you up-to-date on the status of your products.
Cisco Active Advisor shows the following information:
- Warranty and service contract status
- Product advisories, including Product Security Incident Response Teams (PSIRTs) and field notices
- End-of-life notifications for hardware and software
Reduce Network Risk
See how Cisco Active Advisor keeps you updated on your network inventory. ( 2:39 min)
Cisco Active Advisor is free, and you can access it anytime.
Features and Capabilities
Reduce Overall Network Risk
- Stay updated with essential Cisco product information.
- Set up notifications about lifecycle milestones that may compromise network security or integrity.
Lifecycle Information Available in Minutes
- Quickly and efficiently see product status.
- Data available shortly after scanning a network using Cisco Scanner, or through an upload from another Cisco management tool.
Intuitive User Interface
- Highlights important warnings requiring network administrator attention.
- Includes expiration dates of warranty, service contracts, end-of-life milestones, and advisories.
- Can be used 24 hours a day.
- Supported by Cisco staff to help ensure top quality and efficiency.
Comes with Cisco Scanner
- Gathers details about your Cisco devices.
- Scans the network based on your input.
- Lets you create a complete network inventory within minutes, with only a few clicks.
Specifications at a Glance
|Browser||All latest versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox and internet Explorer
Note: CAA is not supported by Firefox 21 in a Mac system
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac|
|Java Version||Java 7.0 and above
Note: Java plugin must be enabled and the latest version must be running to run Cisco Scanner