|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Simplify AAA Management
Get the latest release of this product, now called Cisco Prime Access Registrar
Meet the tremendous challenges of deploying and managing authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) access control services with Cisco Access Registrar.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Access Registrar is an AAA server that offers scalability and extensibility in your complex service provider environment. Using one common platform, you can efficiently serve an increasingly broad range of access technologies, users, and roaming partners, and rapidly deliver new subscriber services. This product offers:
- Support for a wide range of network access technologies: Cisco Access Registrar supports DSL, dialup, Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS), WLAN, public WLAN, WiMAX, femtocell, and others. By standardizing on one common AAA server platform, this solution reduces operational and capital expenses and provides flexibility in AAA choice.
- Speed and scalability:Exceptional RADIUS performance and scalability support large service deployments and millions of simultaneous active sessions.
- Extensibility: The platform is extremely customizable and flexible to help you meet your unique business, regulatory, and technical requirements.
- Broad integration capabilities:Cisco Access Registrar supports integration with an extensive variety of external data stores, provisioning and billing systems and multi-vendor network access servers to:
- Simplify deployment and operations
- Lower operational expenses
- Enhance scalability and speed service rollouts
- Session management:Session and resource management tools track user sessions and dynamically allocate resources such as IP addresses and user or group session limits.
Cisco Access Registrar Jumpstart is a high performance appliance for RADIUS/Diameter authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) services.