The Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner Program is designed for partners with a successful network design and deployment practice who aspire to develop a Cisco Smart Grid business practice. Ideal partners will have proven success selling and supporting network solutions for the energy and utilities market.
Program benefits include:
- Market differentiation as a recognized Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner
- Access to the Cisco Smart Grid Planning Design and Implementation Help Desk
- Access to the Cisco Emerging Technology Partner Resource Center
- Specially priced Cisco Connected Grid Lab Kit
Prerequisites and Requirements
The Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner Program classification is available to partners in the following job roles:
- Account Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Utilities Industry Practice Manager (recommended but not required)
Role sharing is not permitted within this program.
Prerequisites: Candidates must, at a minimum level, be Cisco Premier Partner certified. It is recommended that program candidates also achieve the Cisco Advanced Routing and Switching specialization or Enterprise Networks Architecture Specialization.
Requirements: Partners must undergo the training program, pass mandatory exams, and purchase, install, and validate required lab gear.
Responsible for Connected Grid sales methodology and customer engagement (Cisco Sales Expert recommended)
Presales engineer responsible for Connected Grid solution planning and design
Postsales engineer responsible for Connected Grid solution implementation and operation
Focuses on building partner's Utilities industry practice and deepening of Cisco relationship.
The Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner Program lab requirements have been bundled into a Connected Grid Lab SKU. Once the partner has initiated the Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner program application process, email the Cisco Worldwide Channels team to gain access to the ordering guide.
|CGR-2010-SEC-K9||Connected Grid Router|
|CGS-2520-24TC||Connected Grid Switch|
|CGS-2520-16S-8PC||Connected Grid Switch|
The gear must be ordered, installed, and verified by the partner to remain in good standing with the Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner program. The above lab requirements list is Subject to Change.
Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner Program Application Process
Follow these steps to apply for the program:
- Work with your Cisco partner account manager or systems engineer to determine your eligibility, identify any requirement gaps, and create a development plan.
- Apply for the program through the Program Management and Application tool (formerly CSApp).
- Select Access Program Application
- Then select the Specialization Application tab
- Then select Cisco Authorized Connected Grid Partner Program
- Satisfy program requirements to become eligible for participation.
To validate the Connected Grid Lab Verification List:
- Partners should download the Connected Grid Lab Verification form.
- Partners need to:
- Review the lab list and verify implementation at partner location.
- Provide the required information.
- Once validated, partner should upload the completed lab verification form into the Certification and Specialization Application tool.
- Click the Administrative Tasks tab
- Click Upload Documents
Note: Designated partner administrator must upload documents
Direct support path for any partner issues contact the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT)
The Cisco Connected Grid product family is optimized for use in connected energy applications such as grid automation, intelligent energy infrastructure, distributed generation, integrated renewable energy, and oil and gas applications.
The Cisco Connected Grid Router 2010 and Connected Grid Switch 2520 are ideal for organizations that want to develop a more sophisticated energy infrastructure or smart grid. Those organizations include:
- Oil and gas
- Renewable energy
These ruggedized products have been extensively tested and are KEMA-certified to meet challenging substation compliance standards including IEEE 1613 and International Electrotechnical Commission IEC-61850-3. The Cisco Connected Grid portfolio is designed for high availability, integrated security management, and scalability.
For more information on Cisco Connected Grid, please visit: