Cisco has Acquired CliQr Technologies, Inc.
Expands Data Center Portfolio with Technology to Simplify, Automate and Manage Applications Across Hybrid Clouds.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — On April 15, 2016, Cisco completed the acquisition of CliQr Technologies, Inc., a privately held company that provides an application-defined cloud orchestration platform to enable customers to easily model, deploy and manage new and existing applications to any cloud and data center environment. CliQr provides customers with a single, intuitive platform that helps them manage the entire application lifecycle across hybrid IT environments, whether simple or complex.
CliQr’s solution provides customers with several key benefits:
- Profile once, deploy anywhere
- Ensure consistent policies
- Optimize applications across hybrid cloud environment
- Manage with one-click
Moving forward, CliQr and Cisco will deepen the integration across Cisco’s data center portfolio. Together CliQr and Cisco will make it simpler for customers to automate and manage application policies across the entire data stack. CliQr is already integrated into a number of Cisco’s data center switching and cloud solutions including Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Unified Computing Systems (UCS) solutions.
The CliQr team has joined Cisco’s Insieme Business Unit, under Prem Jain, SVP/GM.
- Q: What did Cisco acquire?
- A: Cisco has acquired CliQr, a privately-held company based in San Jose, CA that provides an application-defined cloud orchestration platform to model, deploy and manage applications across bare metal, virtualized and container environments.
- Q: Can you explain CliQr’s product portfolio?
A: CliQr’s portfolio includes one product: CliQr CloudCenter, made-up of two components:
- CloudCenter Manager provides customers with a single environment that manages the entire lifecycle of applications (model, deploy, manage) across any data center private or public cloud
- CloudCenter Orchestrator is transparent to end users and resides on each supported cloud environment. The CloudCenter Orchestrator coordinates and automates the provisioning of the required infrastructure (compute, storage, network, security etc.) and the deployment of the application and its required components natively on each environment.
- Q: What makes CliQr unique?
A: CliQr’s solution is unique because it enables customers to create a single application profile, then use that profile to model, deploy and manage the application to any cloud or data center environment. Other cloud management approaches require IT to create multiple blueprints of an application for type of cloud environment, or to write complex amounts of custom scripts for each application to force the application to conform to different data center or cloud infrastructure. CliQr’s technology is truly infrastructure agnostic and focused on the application.
CliQr provides customers with a single, intuitive platform that helps customers manage the entire application lifecycle across hybrid IT environments, whether simple or complex. CliQr’s CloudCenter platform provides a compelling solution for modern IT organizations whether they are starting simply by moving their first applications to the cloud, deploying self-service IT environments, or wanting to gain visibility and control over a vast portfolio of clouds, applications and users.
If you are an existing customer or partner of CliQr and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing CliQr sales representative.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative.
CliQr customers should continue to use the existing process for support on installed CliQr solutions. Cisco will notify you in advance of any change to the support process.Cisco customers should continue to use the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for technical support on Cisco products. For more information about opening a technical support case and for regional TAC telephone numbers, refer to Cisco Worldwide Support Contacts.