Cisco has Acquired Acano Limited
Enhancing the interoperability and scalability of Cisco's collaboration infrastructure.
On Jan 29, 2016 Cisco announced it completed the acquisition of privately-held Acano Limited headquartered in London, UK. Acano provides on-premises and cloud-based video infrastructure and collaboration software. This acquisition will help increase the interoperability and scalability of Cisco's collaboration infrastructure, two of our customers' biggest demands.
Cisco's collaboration strategy is to drive video everywhere, delivering the best collaboration experience across every endpoint, every screen, every workspace and to every user. This means dramatically increasing the number of video-enabled conference room. Today, less than 10% of the conference rooms in the world are connected via video and only 1% of users have video systems on their desktop.
We want users to be able to connect into those rooms easily from any device or endpoint they have today. The Acano acquisition will bring to Cisco expertise and technology to improve both the interoperability and scalability of our collaboration infrastructure across cloud and hybrid environments. This acquisition is about making it simpler for you to connect from any device and easily scale collaboration across your organization.
- Q: What is Cisco announcing?
- A: Cisco is announcing that it has acquired Acano, a privately-held company based in the UK and a leading provider of on-premises and cloud-based collaboration infrastructure and collaboration software.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose Acano?
- A: The Acano acquisition will bring to Cisco expertise and technology to improve both the interoperability and scalability of our collaboration infrastructure. This includes the team's deep expertise in on premises and premise/cloud hybrid infrastructure development. This acquisition is about making it simpler for customers to connect from any device and more easily scale collaboration across their organization.
- Q: Why is Cisco acquiring a collaboration competitor?
- A: The Acano acquisition reaffirms Cisco's commitment to interoperability and enables us to provide a highly scalable solution that connects disparate video systems from multiple vendors. Acano's technology allows Cisco to address this key industry requirement faster, quickly removing a significant barrier to pervasive video deployments.
Acano Customers and Partners:
If you are an existing customer or partner of Acano and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing Acano sales representative.
Cisco Customers and Partners:
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative.
Acano partners and customers should continue to use the existing process for support on installed Acano technology. Cisco will notify you in advance of any change to the support process.Cisco customers should continue to use the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for technical support on Cisco products. For more information about opening a technical support case and for regional TAC telephone numbers, refer to Cisco Worldwide Support Contacts.
Cisco's acquisition of Acano will allow partners to address the needs of more customers with more interoperability and scalability. You can capture more of the collaboration market and help more customers experience the business benefits of video collaboration that is simple and delivers exceptional user experiences.
Going forward we will use Acano's strengths in interoperability, scalability, and browser-based collaboration to significantly accelerate the evolution of the Cisco collaboration portfolio. There will be more innovation for you to take to market, much sooner.
- If you are an existing Cisco partner with a partner cisco.com login, learn more at www.cisco.com/go/partneracano
- Acano partners are critical to our success. Over the next 30 days we will be developing a welcome program. Stay tuned for more information from your Acano representative.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strengthening Cisco's Collaboration Portfolio
This acquisition will accelerate Cisco's Collaboration strategy to provide the best collaboration experience across every touch point. Together, Cisco and Acano will be able to capture the expanding market opportunity in collaboration and deliver open and interoperable solutions whether in the cloud or via hybrid models.