San Jose State University Leads the Way
University leads way with lecture-capture technology.
Collaboration solutions are helping schools and universities lower education costs while increasing opportunities for teaching and learning. The Cisco Collaboration architecture takes a strategic approach, providing a comprehensive platform for more effective communication between teachers, students, administrators and the community at large.
With the proliferation of mobile devices and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) access, faculty and students can connect and learn on devices that are best suited to their individual styles. With new service delivery models like Hosted Collaboration, deploying these solutions is now easier than ever.
Cisco Collaboration Solutions for Education include:
- Voice over IP
Reduce costs, simplify management and integrate voice, video and data across the network platform
- TelePresence and Video
Communicate more efficiently in the most natural way possible - with face-to-face high definition video.
Meet, share, and collaborate more effectively with people-centric collaboration services that include:
- Web conferencing and classes - Meet over the web in real time, from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Enterprise Instant Messaging - Keep everyone instantly in touch with enterprise instant messaging.
- Enterprise Social Software - Offer social networking, real-time communications, and content creation in a single, personalized user experience.
- TelePresence - Provide "in-person" video collaboration from the cloud.
Solutions in Collaboration and Video Architecture
Read high-level overviews on how Cisco collaboration and video solutions create a quality, connected learning environment:
- Vyopta vPublish and Cisco Lecture Vision (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Cisco Collaboration for Public Sector (PDF - 771 KB)
- New Collaboration Experience
- Video for Next-Generation Learning
(PDF - 97 KB)
- Unified Communications Total Cost of Ownership Tool
Get informed about Cisco collaboration and video for education.
- Impact of Technology in Education
(PDF - 557 KB)
- The Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration Solutions
(PDF - 640 KB)
- Cut Total Cost of Ownership - Migrating from TDM to Unified Communications
(PDF - 926 KB)
Read about Cisco Collaboration and Video for Education.
- Connected World Technology Report
- Video Technologies in Education
- Report: The Impact of Broadcast & Streaming Video in Education
(PDF - 3.4 MB)
Read how students, staff, and faculty members improve academic experience and success with collaboration and videos.
- San Jose State University Leads the Way
(PDF - 1 MB)
- K-12 - New Virtual Workspace
(Video - 3:01 min)
- Washington State Deploys Network to Transform Education
(PDF - 407 KB)
- State College Agency Integrates Next-Generation Communications System
(PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Suffolk County Community College Enhances Collaboration
(PDF - 185 KB)
- University of Southern California Using Web-Based Meetings
(PDF - 2.4 MB)
- Georgetown University Law Center Transcends Classroom Boundaries
(PDF - 2.5 MB)
- More Education Case Studies
Learn the industry perspective on IT issues and challenges and get the information you need to make the right decisions for your agency. All webcasts are available on demand unless otherwise noted.
Engage with Collaboration
Join conversations and share best practices in collaboration.
Take advantage of the unique financing benefits that Cisco Capital offers.
- Education Flexible Funding Options At-A-Glance (PDF - 415 KB)
Building a Learning Society