Video Technologies in Education
Learn about the impact of broadcast and streaming video in the classroom.
We are thrilled to be able to present to the world, via the internet, our vision of teaching and learning in the classroom of the 21st Century. The district is fortunate that we can continue to collaborate with Cisco as we develop programs and support student achievement.Superintendent , Ballston Spa School District
At Cisco we believe that all societies need to be learning societies. With our innovative solutions and partnerships, we connect, engage, and empower learners, educators, and leaders to improve learning, accelerate economic growth, and strengthen social well-being.
Globalization, accelerating technological change, and demographic shifts require all individuals to learn new skills in new ways throughout their lives. Cisco works to help you create what we call "Connected Learning," technology-enabled learning systems that allow people to learn anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Learn more about Transforming Education. (PDF - 674 KB)
Creating Connected Learning Societies
Demand for learning is increasing from all sectors of society. These papers explain why and how our education systems should respond, transforming both the world of learning and the place of learning in our world.
- The Learning Society (PDF - 696 KB)
- Learning From the Extremes (PDF - 621 KB)
- Developing an Innovation Ecosystem for Education (PDF - 865 KB)
- Learning Societies: Executive Summary (PDF - 232 KB)
Learn how Cisco is helping governments and education leaders worldwide accomplish their vision of transformative learning for the 21st century.
Transforming education requires a multistakeholder partnership to make a scalable and sustainable difference. Learn how Cisco has worked with strategic partners, education leaders, and policy makers to help transform education globally.
To help schools place themselves at the heart of Connected Learning, we offer Education 3.0. This change model integrates leading research findings to help students in any culture or socioeconomic status flourish in the next generation.
The model details the integration of innovative pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment strategies across whole systems. It is designed to accommodate learner differences, link learning to the real world, and set high, yet realistic, expectations for every student.
- Equipping Every Learner (PDF - 1.73 MB)
Executive Action Plans
To meet 21st century education objectives, districts must introduce new ways of teaching and learning that fully engage students, teachers, and community that support active learning, collaboration, problem based work, and other 21st century skills. Review examples of how to get started.
- Transforming to 21st Century Pedagogy (PDF - 517 KB)
- Designing a Professional Development Program for the 21st Century (PDF - 334 KB)
- Integrating Technology into 21st Century Teaching and Learning ( PDF - 532 KB)
- Selecting 21st Century Teaching and Learning Schools (PDF - 536 KB)
- Support Your District with the Right Ecosystem of Partners (PDF - 541 KB)
With the accelerating integration of online collaborative tools into teaching and learning, Cisco has commissioned the Metiri Group to develop a series on collaboration research and policy:
- The Impact of Collaborative, Scaffolded Learning in K-12 Schools: A Meta-Analysis (PDF - 334 KB)
- The Impact of Online Collaborative Learning on Educators and Classroom Practices (PDF - 329 KB)
- Advance 21st Century Innovation in Schools Through Smart, Informed State Policy (PDF - 1.17 MB)
- Policy Brief: Teacher Learning through Collaboration and System Innovation (PDF - 421 KB)
- Metiri Group: Technology in Schools: What the Research Says (PDF - 733 KB)
- The Impact of Broadcast and Streaming Video in Education: Executive Summary (PDF - 1.18 MB)
- The Impact of Broadcast and Streaming Video in Education: Whitepaper (PDF - 2.91 MB)
- FutureLab: Best Practices in Education Technology White Paper (PDF - 948 KB)
- Riel Miller: Education and Economic Growth: From the 19th to the 21st Century (PDF - 445 KB)