Firmware Version 10.2(1) for Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851, 8861 (SIP)
The 10.2(1) firmware image within the installation program supports the SIP protocol for the following Cisco IP Phones:
· Cisco IP Phone 8841
· Cisco IP Phone 8851
· Cisco IP Phone 8861
This firmware version is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1) and later.
Release Notes and Documentation
For a list of Resolved Problems and Known Problems with this firmware version, you can obtain the Firmware Release Notes by clicking the following URL:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/products-release-notes-list.html
For all phone documentation, click the following URL:
Installing the Firmware Load
Before using the Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.5(1) or later, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.
The 10.2(1) installation programs for the Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 are listed below.
Note: You should not add the .loads extension to the firmware version name in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database.
Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 Installation Instructions
Perform the following procedure:
1. Click the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html#~shp_download.
2. Log in to the Support and Downloads Software page.
3. Choose the Collaboration Endpoints (Phones) Category.
4. Choose the IP Phones
5. Choose the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
6. Choose one of the Cisco IP Phone 8841, Cisco IP Phone 8851 or Cisco IP Phone 8861.
8. Choose Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Software.
9. Choose 10.2(1) under the Latest folder.
10. Download the files that are listed in Table 1 to your hard drive.
Table 1: Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 Firmware Loads
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version
Installer name on Software Page
8841, 8851 and 8861
8.5(1) or later
11. Using your web browser, log in to the Cisco Unified OS Administration web page.
12. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.
13. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the downloaded files as listed in Table 1 and click Next.
14. In the Options/Upgrades drop-down box, select a file you downloaded and click Next.
15. Enusre that the downloaded file has the same MD5 hash value as listed in Table 1.
16. Click Next.
17. Check the installation log and verify the file installed successfully.
18. To install another file, click Install Another and repeat steps 6 – 16.
19. Log in to Cisco Unified Serviceability web page.
20. Under the Tools menu, select Control Center - Feature Services.
21. Select the Cisco Tftp service, and click the Restart button.
Verifying the Firmware Load
You may verify the installation of the firmware as follows:
1. Log in to the Cisco Unified CM Administration web page.
2. Under the Device menu, select Device Settings > Device Defaults.
3. Verify the new firmware image name is listed in the Load Information field for the Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861.
Installing the wallpaper for Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851, 8861
Due to the wallpaper file download folder changes, need to manually install wallpaper files into CUCM for this 1st release. If see the alert about couldn't find wallpaper files when opening wallpaper setting menu, then please do below steps to install.
1. Download 8841_51_61_wallpaper.zip and unzip to your local folder
2. Log in to Cisco Unified OS Administration web page.
3. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select TFTP File Management.
4. Click Upload File button.
5. In the newly popped up window, click Browse and select one of the unzipped files like List.xml. Input "Desktops/800x480x24" in the Directory field then click Upload File.
6. Repeat the above step to upload all files in the zip.
7. Close the Upload File window and restart TFTP service as mentioned in firmware installation.
8. Verify on phone's wallpaper menu to see whether you can see those wall papers.
Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 Alternate Firmware Format
The Cisco IP Phone 8841, 8851 and 8861 firmware version 10.2(1) is also supplied in a zip file as an alternative, in case a Cisco Unified Communications Manager is not available to load the installer program. The name of this file is: cmterm-88xx.10-2-1-16.zip.
After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server. To be noticed, the new ringtone files for 8841, 8851 and 8861 are not included in the zip format firmware.
© 2013 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.